An Old School Catholic Message Board

George Zimmerman Selling Gun He Used To Murder Trayvon Martin

He is Risen!

Wow.  If I were George Zimmerman, the last thing I'd want to do is keep stirring this pot! 

Not A Real Name

Given that he's in debt up to his eye-balls from the trial, I can understand why he would sell the firearm. Regardless it's a stupid idea to make the sale as public as he has. I would have used a little bit more discretion in  this matter. Yet I'm sure there are people following his every move, so realistically there is probably no way he could have sold this firearm privately. 

Not A Real Name
1 hour ago, Makarioi said:

You don't profit off of tragedy. He's got issues

Does he have issues? Sure. We all do. As far as profiting off of a tragedy I don't see it as such.  If he's broke and in debt, then he needs money to survive and have the most basic of things like food, water, and shelter. 

32 minutes ago, Not A Real Name said:

Does he have issues? Sure. We all do. As far as profiting off of a tragedy I don't see it as such.  If he's broke and in debt, then he needs money to survive and have the most basic of things like food, water, and shelter. 

If he's starving, he'd make a lot more if he put on a PPV event where he played Russian Roulette with the gun that killed Trayvon. I imagine he'd rake in millions.

This guy is out of control. Hope he gets the help he needs before he hurts himself or someone else.

Ash Wednesday

I'm actually really tired of the amount of media attention he has been getting since the case.

That said, this is pretty gross.

enitharmon
On Friday May 13, 13:21:23 GMT+0100, Not A Real Name said:

Given that he's in debt up to his eye-balls from the trial, I can understand why he would sell the firearm.

I've been hesitant to get involved in this discussion (even briefly)... but, by his own admission, he did not sell the gun to cover his legal fees. From this article:

“I would like to thank and give the glory to God for a successful auction that has raised funds for several worthy causes,” he wrote.

He previously said he would use money from the sale to counter violence against law enforcement officers by Black Lives Matter, and to fight Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton’s “anti-firearm rhetoric.”

Edited by enitharmon

Not A Real Name
12 hours ago, enitharmon said:

I've been hesitant to get involved in this discussion (even briefly)... but, by his own admission, he did not sell the gun to cover his legal fees. From this article:

“I would like to thank and give the glory to God for a successful auction that has raised funds for several worthy causes,” he wrote.

He previously said he would use money from the sale to counter violence against law enforcement officers by Black Lives Matter, and to fight Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton’s “anti-firearm rhetoric.”

This is tough cause I'm against violence towards police officers and I really dislike Hillary Clinton a lot.  beaver dam you Zimmerman!