An Old School Catholic Message Board

OLAM Questions Answered

reminiscere

In undergrad I wrote a paper on mother Angelica for Mass Communications. I must confess I never read the first Arroyo book in its entirety, only the relevant sections for research. But tonight I just finished the Audible book. What an amazing life. I look forward to reading Arroyo's latest. 

6 minutes ago, the_rev said:

In undergrad I wrote a paper on mother Angelica for Mass Communications. I must confess I never read the first Arroyo book in its entirety, only the relevant sections for research. But tonight I just finished the Audible book. What an amazing life. I look forward to reading Arroyo's latest. 

You're back!!!???

8 minutes ago, Maggyie said:

You're back!!!???

I lurk ever few months. Had something to contribute to this thread. :) Since I'm ordained I have a hesitancy to post because of things I may have written in the past. 

Am almost finished with the book.  Powerful reading!!!  Reminds us that there are human beings in those religious orders with differences, struggles and conflicts.  Sometimes I think we forget...   The one fact that stays consistent in the book is that Mother Angelica did everything for the glory of God and the adoration of Him.

• 2 weeks later...
DominicanHeart

I wrote my paper on Mother Angelica for Sociology and I got an A. I even got an email from my professor saying she's one of her favorite people. That was a surprise 

14 hours ago, HopefulBride said:

What's the first book?

Well, I don't know which came first, but with the latest one I have--

Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles (I think this was the first)

The Prayers and Personal Devotions of Mother Angelica

Mother Angelica's Private and Pithy Lessons from the Scriptures 

Mother Angelica's Little Book of Life Lessons and Daily Spirituality

I also have some of her booklets,too.  

Raymond Arroyo has such a down to earth way with his writing.