An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters of Maternal Heart of Mary

Mary Catherine

Mary Catherine

Dear sisters on Phatmass VS,

Here is a brief introduction for the congregation I am discerning with.

The foundress had 3 years formation with Benedictine Community of Sisters - the Servantes des Pauvres in Angers, France, and last May she returned to Sydney to found a Traditional, Benedictine, semi-contemplative Community of Sisters. 

Regarding their apostolate work,"

Our main desire is to serve Priests as Our Lady helped the Apostles.  This we shall do through prayer and sacrifice and then in practical ways such as sacristy care, catechetical instruction of children, sewing of vestments & Church linens, visiting the sick and elderly in the parish etc  (all work to assist the Priests).   Our Life will be centered around the Liturgy - the Traditional Mass and sung Monastic Office - but we will have active apostolates also, as mentioned above.  We desire to be under the special protection of the Maternal and Immaculate Heart of Mary. "

For any girl who is interested, please feel free to contact Sr. Francesca Wills at francescawills@gmail.com.

And if you need more information about them, you can ask me as well. It's true that there is only one sister there at the moment, but as I had paid one visit to them, I can assure you that they are nice indeed. If you are interested in the traditional liturgy, Monastic Office and wish to become a semi-contemplative Benedictine sister, it might be a good choice for you.

Looking much forward to receiving some positive comments from you. :)

Edited by Mary Catherine

reminiscere

Sorry to be so picky, but 'they are nice indeed' should be 'she is nice indeed.' And that is an important distinction! One woman trying to be a religious and found a religious community isn't exactly promising.. be courageous, yes, but be careful too. God bless.

Mary Catherine
4 hours ago, reminiscere said:

Sorry to be so picky, but 'they are nice indeed' should be 'she is nice indeed.' And that is an important distinction! One woman trying to be a religious and found a religious community isn't exactly promising.. be courageous, yes, but be careful too. God bless.

Sorry, actually I mean at that moment there were 2 sisters, and one is now home for further discernment.

Thanks for your kind comment.

Edited by Mary Catherine

• 5 months later...

Would love some more info-

Are they open to Novus Ordo masses? 

What Marian devotions do they practice? 

How much time is spend in Adoration? 

How long is their thanksgiving after mass/communion?

Does this community have official diocesan approval? I ask because communities that do not are not supposed to be discussed here, right?

I'm not sure how official the recognition is of this group - but I found this on a blog from 2012:

"With the approval of His Lordship, Bishop Julian Porteous, Francesca Wills and Colette Ng will be departing Australia in mid-July to complete a period of formation within an active Benedictine Community in France in order to return to Sydney, deo volente, to start a semi contemplative Benedictine Community using the Old Rite."

http://australiaincognita.blogspot.ca/2012/05/ordinariate-and-other-good-news-calling.html

Further, it seems to be linked or supported in some ways by the FSSP parish in Sydney "Maternal Heart of Mary" - it seems they recently had a fundraising event.

I wouldn't have a clue. But I guess if they have Diocesan Approval, it would be great!

I couldn't find much info on the net- at least when I quote "Daughters of Maternal Heart of Mary".

Want to have some more info before deciding whether or not it's worth a visit

• 4 months later...