An Old School Catholic Message Board

Honesty

Amor vincit omnia

IgnatiusofLoyola
34 minutes ago, beatitude said:

Is it shame that prevents you from posting this under your original username? You also seem to be implying that this is your first visit in ages, by writing as though you left before franciscanheart got her new screenname. I know who you are and I think others will be able to guess just based on the view you're expressing here. Why not stand behind it with the name you've always had? Is this really about wanting to 'save' someone, or more a chance to give your views on this an airing anonymously?

Isn't there a Phatmass rule against posting under two user names?

2 minutes ago, beatitude said:

Is it shame that prevents you from posting this under your original username? I know who you are and I think others will be able to guess just based on the view you're expressing here. Why not stand behind it with the name you've always had? Is this really about wanting to 'save' someone, or more a chance to give your views on this an airing anonymously?

Whether it's one or the other or a bit of both, it's unlikely to be helpful. I think Amor vincit omnia will be aware that she is no longer living as an orthodox Catholic. Maybe she's managed to reconcile herself to that somehow, or maybe she lives with dissonance - I don't know because she hasn't said. What I do know is that there has been a lot of shame directed at gay people for a long time, and it doesn't seem to have done a terrific job of helping them to stay faithful. I'm not sure it helps anyone to stay faithful.

I pray the rosary for Catholic friends who are struggling to live an orthodox life. I took a detour from orthodoxy at one point, and it wasn't shame that got me back. (Penitence, yes, but it's different.) It was an awareness that God is better than what I had. To understand that I had to hit rock bottom, much like the prodigal son. If friends had tried to point out that I was going wrong I don't think I would have listened, because when you've got into the habit of ignoring/appeasing your own conscience it's not so difficult to ignore other people. But throughout my unscheduled detour, I never stopped praying the rosary, even though I felt weird inside over living something different from what I professed in the creed. I just understood on some level that Mary understood. She never let go of the other end of the rosary, and she brought me back. Once I was sorry, the Divine Office also helped: I prayed the psalms as I'd never prayed them before. I was reminded of two things - St Teresa of Avila's statement that you can learn a lot from having been astray, and Bl. Oscar Romero's comment that some things can only be seen through eyes that have cried.

There are some circumstances in which I would judge it appropriate to speak to a friend who has gone off the rails, but those are rare, because if they're already fully aware of Church teaching it's so easy to do more harm than good. But you can never do harm by prayer, and just by living by example. We should also trust in God. When I confessed, I was with the priest for well over half an hour, and he was incredibly insightful and kind-hearted. I think God put him in my path on purpose. This made me realise that when the Good Shepherd goes out looking for lost sheep, he always knows in exactly what place and at what time he's going to find them. As Bl. John Henry Newman used to say, "He knows what he's about."

listen dude, you sure do know it all.  I used to know it all to, then it bit me and I learned.  I tried to log in under my old avatar and it wouldn't let me.  i'm not in the member list. I didn't get banned its just not there, so you don't have to punish me.  sad for this cite if you can tell who i am by the fact i think its wrong. it's wrong. I didn't know my dad and it hurt , i'm glad to be alive anyway, you just shouldn't do it on purpose. but its not shame its shameless is whats wrong with the world. I have lived long enough i'm closer to the grave than birth and what i know thru the years is that if you can feel shame you are not to long away from the true path.  thank you for the warm welcome though, glad for me I went thru the hassle of a new avatar. Oh and by the way your security test is wrong, Jesus's  mother is Mary not whatever your security test thinks.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Amor vincit omnia said:

Hi everyone! My name is Lee I have been around Phatmass for a really long time. My username back then used to be "futureIHMNJ" I am a momma to an amazing little guy who is 3 years old, I am married to my best-friend and a shock to some I am also gay. I have had a hard time trying to get back into Phatmass because of how others would react but I have learned that me being gay doesn't define me as a person or my relationship with God. So here I am! I keep coming back to Phatmass because at one point in my life this was the only place that I found with other young adults who long for a closer relationship with Him like I did and do.

Some may be wondering why even post anything but for me it was time do get this off my chest. I have made some amazing relationships and I want to continue and be honest with who I am and not feel like I need to be someone else.

:coffee:

1cb6d0eb-3879-4bb2-9a91-1f11ef71e11d.jpg

u said u loved me :'(

11 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

listen dude, you sure do know it all.  I used to know it all to, then it bit me and I learned.  I tried to log in under my old avatar and it wouldn't let me.  i'm not in the member list. I didn't get banned its just not there, so you don't have to punish me.  sad for this cite if you can tell who i am by the fact i think its wrong. it's wrong. I didn't know my dad and it hurt , i'm glad to be alive anyway, you just shouldn't do it on purpose. but its not shame its shameless is whats wrong with the world. I have lived long enough i'm closer to the grave than birth and what i know thru the years is that if you can feel shame you are not to long away from the true path.  thank you for the warm welcome though, glad for me I went thru the hassle of a new avatar. Oh and by the way your security test is wrong, Jesus's  mother is Mary not whatever your security test thinks.

I can tell who you are from your IP. Catholicism does teach against artificial methods of fertilisation, but for different reasons than the ones you give. Not because it's a form of child abuse. I know you firmly believe that it is, but this is not the argument the Church makes against it, so you do stand out.

You suggested that you hadn't been here for a very long time. ("Look at you with the new screenname.") I know there can be technical hitches with the phorum (which I can't solve - only dUSt has admin powers, so write to him if you want your old account restoring), but there does seem to be some attempt to mislead in that phrasing, which is why I asked about it. I don't want to punish you - you've shared plenty of other things in the past that suggest you've had a rough time. Again, you have all my sympathy for that and I am praying for you. I know you are hurting but this is Amor's thread, and while I do not agree with how she's living, I don't think it's fair or right to make her situation about your hurt.

franciscanheart
1 hour ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Isn't there a Phatmass rule against posting under two user names?

Yes. Where is @dUSt when you need him?

I'm impressed on the restraint shown for 24 hours. 

Now, this is Phatmass. 

I was itching for some of the questions and anticipated some answers.  The reactions are classic Phatmass dysfunction.  

Since my team is out of the Stanley Cup race....

:popcorn:

Amor vincit omnia
3 hours ago, Metalhead said:

Hello Amor, I am a phatmasser from back in the day and I remember you. Thank you for deciding now to be honest, since at some point you allowed yourself to get a church militant tag, despite the fact you defy church teaching with your life. Unless that the meaning of that has changed that was a mistake for you. i understand not telling the internet you have chosen a gay lifestyle because of privacy, but an honest person would have found a way to decline that honor even without revealing why. But I wish you good luck to you in your new life as an honest person, because admitting your lie does take guts.

regarding your child, that is a cruel thing you did.  There are lots of kids that have lost bio family or can't be raised by their bio family for one reason or another. Instead of choosing one of them you on purpose brought a kid into existence with the goal of taking them from their bio family. Shame on you for that. That is way worse than gay sex that is not even in the same level of sin as gay sex in my opinion. That is a cruel thing gay people do, so that they can have a cute little baby that has some of their DNA. Being gay has lots of hard facts, one of them is you cannot naturally have bio kids with the person you are with. That does not mean you can then go out and do something so cruel. And you said you cannot wait to do it again. Shame on you. Whatever religion you are now, it doesn't matter whether you believe in gay sex or not. Doing that to kids should get you prison time. Just so you know, it is nothing to do with you being gay. Straight people do it too. It don't matter --- its messed up. 

Not being harsh on you to be harsh on you but to hopefully give you some doubt and some shame. Shame and self-doubt are lacking in society today but they save me many times, hope they will you too.

+

I have no idea who you are MetalHead and I have been back and forth with myself if I wanted to continue to be a part of Phatmass and I took several months break from here and always found a way back here. I have no problem with dUSt changing my tag because when I did get the "church militant" tag I was in a different place spiritually and at some point I did discern a religious vocation with a community. 

So its cruel that I chose to have my own biological son, I am sorry that you feel that way. My son was born into an amazing family full of love and at the end of the day all that matters is that he is loved and I know is shocking but I can't wait to be a mom again and give him a little sister or brother. I know its heard to comprehend or understand, it was hard for me at the beginning to wrap my head around it all. So I am assuming that you believe that LGBTQ folks can't be Catholic. Well I am here to say to you and everyone that we are. I go to Mass every Sunday and guess what my beautiful amazing little guy was baptize in the Church! You know who should get prison time those parents I see everyday in my place of employment that physically, mentally, sexually abuse children, those are the people that need to go to prison.

No need to shame me because I don't feel an ounce of shame for who I am. I know I am loved by HIM and the day I take my last breath in this earthly world all will be fine. 

I will pray for you!

Amor vincit omnia
42 minutes ago, dUSt said:

Let us all take a step back and figure out how each of us can make this thread more holy.

you can change whatever you need to change in order to be in good standing here! Shocking to myself I am not going anywhere! 

47 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I'm impressed on the restraint shown for 24 hours. 

Now, this is Phatmass. 

I was itching for some of the questions and anticipated some answers.  The reactions are classic Phatmass dysfunction.  

Since my team is out of the Stanley Cup race....

:popcorn:

Pass me the popcorn!

Amor vincit omnia
4 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Well, I guess I can be the one to stir things up a bit. :rain:

Do you believe that the Church agrees with and/or supports how you have chosen to live, or do you believe that Church teaching on this matter is wrong?

I do not believe that the Church agrees with/and supports how I have chose to live my life.

1 hour ago, Hasan said:

u said u loved me :'(

whhhaattttt :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Amor vincit omnia said:

whhhaattttt :whistle:

So after all these years that's what you're going to reduce us to?!?!! A sarcastic 'what'/?!??!

Amor, 

I post here because I mostly like the interaction.  I'll try to be honest and kind. 

You can't play baseball with football rules, even if they're both ball sports.   

I'm  guessing you say you're Catholic, not just "Christian".  Do you think there are no issues with same sex marriage and the rules for Catholicism?   Or is the same sex marriage issue a Catholic suggestion or current policy, subject to change.  

Edited by Anomaly

Amor vincit omnia
13 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Amor, 

I post here because I mistly like the interaction.  I'll try to be honest and kind. 

You can't play baseball with football rules, even if they're both ball sports.   

Mum guessing you say you're Catholic, not just "Christian".  Do you think there are no issues with same sex marriage and the rules for Catholicism?   Or is the same sex marriage issue a Catholic suggestion or current policy, subject to change.  

Anomaly,

To be totally honest with you, I agree with the Church about a lot of things. For me it just so happen that one day I fell in love and when I did it was with a woman. Unfortunately I couldn't help it, I have struggled with it for a lot of years. Would it be wonderful that I be accepted in the Catholic church of course it would. But will that ever happen probably not but. I believe in everything the Catholic Church stands for and I know that contradicts everything.

I didn't post this to be a huge debate or anything. This post was mainly for me. For me to finally let it out in a place that i spent a lot of time in. I didn't want to feel like I was lying to anyone or to myself. For the longest time the reason why I always left Phatmass was because reading some post on here made me feel that just because I was Gay I was not a good enough person, Catholic, Christian whatever you want me call me etc. But after praying and praying I am at a place where I finally feel liek am a good person and in my own way I try to nourish the relationship I have with Him.

Edited by Amor vincit omnia