An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Priest In Trouble

mulls

Jake Huether

good grief! Satan has a stronghold on many PEOPLE, that doesn't exclude Catholic Priests. The Church is against this kind of behavior. The Priest wasn't representative of the Churches stance.

I hate that! If the perpatrator has any affiliation whatsoever with the Roman Catholic Church it's all over the news, "Roman Catholic... does such and such". But if it was a Penticostal Pastor, or Baptist Minister they wouldn't say, "Baptist minister...does such and such".

Rrrrr. Try as they might, they will not destroy the Church.

Brother Adam

So what are some things that belong in the headlines that would shed a positive light? What COULD reporters be covering that they are not?

They could focus more attention on non-Catholic ministers who break the law. It seems that if that happens, no one cares, but if a Catholic priest does it, the media pounces upon it like a chicken on a junebug!

cmotherofpirl

This is local for me. THe priest was immediately removed.

He was charged today with serving alcohol to minors.

With over 64,000 priests in America, a couple bad ones are to be expected....

Just as Jesus, and Paul warned, ravenous wolves would reach places of authority in the Church.

Acts 20:29

I know that after my departure savage wolves will come among you, and they will not spare the flock.

Matt. 7:15

9 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves."

9 [15-20] Christian disciples who claimed to speak in the name of God are called prophets (Matthew 7:15) in Matthew 10:41; Matthew 23:34. They were presumably an important group within the church of Matthew. As in the case of the Old Testament prophets, there were both true and false ones, and for Matthew the difference could be recognized by the quality of their deeds, the fruits (Matthew 7:16). The mention of fruits leads to the comparison with trees, some producing good fruit, others bad.

God Bless,

ironmonk

They could focus more attention on non-Catholic ministers who break the law.  It seems that if that happens, no one cares, but if a Catholic priest does it, the media pounces upon it like a chicken on a junebug!

Exactly.

cmotherofpirl

CAtholics have always been held to higher standards than anybody else.

Remember this is protestant country.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

Yeah well our Priests are the ones delivering the True Presence of Christ to the world.Our Priests are the Ones deilvering the true Gospel. Some of them may mess up, which is normal because they are also sinners. But trust me the good outweighs the bad.

thessalonian

I post this not to rub it in protestant faces but to deter them from digging at the open wound of the Catholic Church. I have not heard much in the media about recent priest sex offense problems. Now I am sure there are some but the stories in this website are protestant stories that do not make the news.

http://www.reformation.com/

So if you guys are tempted to dig at this thread better make sure your own closet is clean.

Blessings

Jake Huether

So what are some things that belong in the headlines that would shed a positive light? What COULD reporters be covering that they are not?

No, no. They should report the bad. But do they HAVE to say, "Roman Catholic..." Could they not have simply said, such and such gave such and such alcohol...

Like how they say, "a Roman Catholic alter boy envolved in durgs" or something. They don't tell you that the guys stopped being an alter boy 10 years ago!

Do you ever hear them say, "Such and such, who was saved last year at a Baptist Church's alter call, violently beat his wife to death."

My goodness, I went to that site Reformation.com, and I noticed at least 2 cases in Georgia, my home state! One of them was in Athens, from which I live a little over 30 miles. Why didn't I hear about these cases? Well, actually I already know the answer to that. They weren't plastered all over the news for days and weeks, unlike cases involving Catholic priests. :angry:

CatholicAndFanatical

They could focus on the Churchs work with the homeless, inner city kids, minorities, prisoners, the sick, the dying..there is so much more that our Church does that can be looked at in a great light.

I think one thing that could be in the light is PhatMass CD Compilation. What Catholic Youths are doing for society and young adults and kids.

That to me is a real story, a story of hope. Kids these days dont have many Good role models and having the Catholic Youth stand up and Shout "This Way!!" to the young people in this world is very encouraging.

God Bless

CatholicAndFanatical

cmotherofpirl

I post this not to rub it in protestant faces but to deter them from digging at the open wound of the Catholic Church.  I have not heard much in the media about recent priest sex offense problems.  Now I am sure there are some but the stories in this website are protestant stories that do not make the news.

http://www.reformation.com/

So if you guys are tempted to dig at this thread better make sure your own closet is clean.

Blessings

Yes and do you see any other Churches so open about their attempts to remove abusers?