An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Spiritual Warfare Prayers"?

AveMariaPurissima

AveMariaPurissima

Someone I know recently sent me a link to these spiritual warfare prayers.  I know it's a Catholic site, but are these legit?  I'm just wondering -- is it safe and/or appropriate (i.e., do I have the authority??) for me as a lay person to use these prayers?  I definitely have a lot of issues in my personal life that need healing, but I would really like some guidance before I proceed with praying like this.  

NadaTeTurbe

Sound very very very charismatic to me. I used to use some prayers of the same kind (specially for "healing the family tree"), and I have seen no spiritual good from it. To fast and to pray tthe rosary, in my experience, is the best of solutions, even if it sounds "simple" ;) 

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=682980

For serious matter like this, I prefer not to use prayers without imprimatur. Can you find one on this website ? 

Edited by NadaTeTurbe

He is Risen!

I agree with NadaTeTurbe, the rosary can't be beat for spiritual warfare!  Other tried and true prayers for this issue are the St. Michael prayer, the Memorare, and Anima Christi.  I know there are more, but those were the first ones that came to mind.  You might also be interested to google Fr. Amorth, he was the chief exorcist for Rome seems to be a pretty legit authority for this kind of thing.

AveMariaPurissima
15 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Sound very very very charismatic to me. I used to use some prayers of the same kind (specially for "healing the family tree"), and I have seen no spiritual good from it. To fast and to pray tthe rosary, in my experience, is the best of solutions, even if it sounds "simple" ;) 

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=682980

For serious matter like this, I prefer not to use prayers without imprimatur. Can you find one on this website ? 

5 hours ago, He is Risen! said:

I agree with NadaTeTurbe, the rosary can't be beat for spiritual warfare!  Other tried and true prayers for this issue are the St. Michael prayer, the Memorare, and Anima Christi.  I know there are more, but those were the first ones that came to mind.  You might also be interested to google Fr. Amorth, he was the chief exorcist for Rome seems to be a pretty legit authority for this kind of thing.

Thanks for the replies. :) That's my gut feeling too -- that the traditional prayers and devotions (esp. the Rosary!!! :heart: ) are plenty powerful!! 

• 1 month later...

If you have a spiritual director, who is a priest, or if you have a regular confessor, ask him. If not, I would try to find a priest who knows and understands the spiritual life and ask him if these prayers would be appropriate for your healing. 

For example, I talked to my SD about Unbound. Yes, it's very authentic and good. However, where I am in my healing journey, he didn't see Unbound being appropriate for me at this time. It's all what the Lord wants for me in my life. Be obedient to the Will of God in the present moment. The Holy Spirit will guide you through your director/confessor.

Stay close to Jesus and Mary, Pray your Rosary everyday, say your daily prayers, do your daily duty according to your state in life, try to go to Sacraments often, especially Confession and recieving the Eucharist. If you can't receive the Eucharist everyday, make a spiritual communion. Try not to get discouraged. Jesus has the victory! 

Rhetorical question: Have you or anyone in your family done anything related to the occult or free masonry? Ask the Lord to help you/reveal this to you. Check out womenofgrace blog to seek questions to answers that are related to new age/occult. If this is the case, bring this to the Sacrament of Confession. 

Confession is a power source of healing/excorcism. Continue to do your daily examen. Do not be afraid! Be assured of my prayers for you.