An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Vocation Story Video: Poor Clare Nuns

lmsb1231

I'll pray for your ongoing discernment of God's will.  I've visited the website of the Los Altos Poor Clares before and it looks like one of the most peaceful monasteries I've ever seen.  The scenery is breathtaking and perfect for contemplation.  Best wishes!

Thank you for sharing your lovely video of your journey.You will be in my prayers as you continue your discernment of God's will.  God Bless you.

• 1 month later...

Yeah!!  A Poor Clare discerner!  :)  Thanks for sharing your video.  

I checked out their website and wow, what a beautiful monastery.  

I love the Poor Clares and I'm surprised they don't get more love from phatmassers in discernment!  I'll be praying for you, Lauren.

Thank you for Quasar for the prayers, and thank you everyone for your prayers. I got accepted to the Monastery and will be entering soon :)

Lmsb, how exciting!!  I'm sending many prayers your way.  Can you tell us a little more about the community?  Do they have other young sisters or will you be the first in a while?

Thanks Quasar! There's 20 nuns, they are a multi-cultural community. There is one novice, 2 young final professed sisters, and I'll be a postulant soon. Are you interested in discerning with the Poor Clares? 

Totally Franciscan

I used to live close to this monastery and have been there many times for services.  When they built the new wing on the monastery, they had open house.  It was a wonderful experience to be inside a Poor Clare monastery, and this one is beautiful.  God bless you Lmsb, and congratulations on being accepted!  

Funny story:  When my daughter was about 6th grade, I did a Vocations Day for her elementary school.  I called the Los Altos Hills nuns and asked if they had any materials they could contribute.  They did, and my daughter and I went and rang the bell.  The sister on the door came out and handed me the materials on her Poor Clare order.  Seeing my daughter, the sister commented that perhaps one day she would be a Poor Clare!  I would have loved that, but alas it was not meant to be!

5 hours ago, lmsb1231 said:
5 hours ago, lmsb1231 said:

I got accepted to the Monastery and will be entering soon :)

This is wonderful news........I'm so happy for you Imsb.:) Many,many prayers are coming your way. !!

13 hours ago, lmsb1231 said:

Thanks Quasar! There's 20 nuns, they are a multi-cultural community. There is one novice, 2 young final professed sisters, and I'll be a postulant soon. Are you interested in discerning with the Poor Clares? 

Lauren, yes, I am.

Hi Quasar,

amesome! Let me know if you have any more questions, or would like me to help with arranging a visit for you with the Poor Clares in Los Altos :) , Will pray for you.

Dear Totally Franciscan, Thank you! That's great the sisters were able to provide info for your daughter to spread vocation awareness, and you were able to see the inside of the Monastery (i myself do not really know what it looks like haha)

Dear Jennifer, thank you for your prayers! Are you discerning with any communities?