An Old School Catholic Message Board

Faithful Catholics Vs. Catholics In Name Only

Dave

Source: Peter and Paul Ministries

1) Faithful Catholics will endure losing everything even their life rather than renounce the one true faith.

- Catholics in name only conceal their faith in fear of being ridiculed.

2)Faithful Catholics humbly make the sign of the cross before a meal no matter the occasion.

- Catholics in name only never thank God for a meal in public because they are ashamed.

3)Faithful Catholics fast for the love of Christ.

- Catholics in name only complain about fasting on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and even for just one hour before receiving Christ in Holy Communion.

4)Faithful Catholics cheerfully support the Church financially.

- Catholics in name only begrudge surrendering even one penny.

5)Faithful Catholics truly love their neighbors and help them at any cost.

- Catholics in name only scorn their fellow man and live only for themselves.

6)Faithful Catholics pray constantly.

- Catholics in name only resent every moment not spent satisfying their own desires.

7)Faithful Catholics think of Sunday Mass as a gift from God.

- Catholics in name only see Sunday Mass as a burden.

8)Faithful Catholics know they are sinners and need frequent reconciliation with God through the sacrament of confession.

- Catholics in name only are too proud to admit they sin.

9)Faithful Catholics follow Church teaching with humility and love.

- Catholics in name only think the Church is a cafeteria in which one may pick and choose what they will follow.

10)Faithful Catholics would never commit the sacrilege of unworthily receiving the Eucharist.

- Catholics in name only no longer believe that the Eucharist is the real body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ.

11)Faithful Catholics pray for and forgive their enemies.

- Catholics in name only are consumed with bitterness.

12)Faithful Catholics humbly kneel during the consecration and genuflect before the tabernacle.

- Catholics in name only have knees too stiff with pride.

13)Faithful Catholics are always open to new life and will defend and respect it from conception until a natural death.

- Catholics in name only embrace contraception, abortion, sterilization, or euthanasia.

Chastisement

There's a terrible trend coming out in NZ at the moment, it's been happenign for a decade or so gradually.

Kneelers in Catholic churches are hard to come by, and at my church the tabanacl is not on the alter, it's away in some room. :(

But I still don't care what people think, I"ll kneel on the concrete floor, I mean, Jesus hung on a Cross for hours, I'm sure we can put up with kneeling for a few minutes.

cmotherofpirl

Kneeling for the Eucharistic prayer is not optional, you just do it.

In parishes that took out kneelers in the seventies, the Bishop said kneel anyway.