An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Emu Wars

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

There is only one solution to these constant marriage issues/declining morality in culture issues: We must amass a Catholic army, land on the shores of western Australia, wage war upon the countless animals and insects that are the things of mythic legend, and create a Catholic colony wherein we no longer have to deal with such shenanigans.

Those who stray will be forced to constantly listen to didgeridoos for a period of 24 hours to think over their error in reasoning. Those who come out without severe psychological damage will surely repent.

Spem in alium
42 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

There is only one solution to these constant marriage issues/declining morality in culture issues: We must amass a Catholic army, land on the shores of western Australia, wage war upon the countless animals and insects that are the things of mythic legend, and create a Catholic colony wherein we no longer have to deal with such shenanigans.

Those who stray will be forced to constantly listen to didgeridoos for a period of 24 hours to think over their error in reasoning. Those who come out without severe psychological damage will surely repent.

I think you underestimate Australian wildlife. They tolerate us here. No new colonies could survive.

Go to New Zealand. Far less things that want to kill you.

Nihil Obstat
20 minutes ago, Spem in alium said:

I think you underestimate Australian wildlife. They tolerate us here. No new colonies could survive.

Go to New Zealand. Far less things that want to kill you.

There is a brand new FSSP apostolate in New Zealand being arranged as we speak. :)

IgnatiusofLoyola
3 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

There is a brand new FSSP apostolate in New Zealand being arranged as we speak. :)

New Zealand is very high on my list of "places I would live if money and health were no concern." The fact that New Zealand apparently has more sheep than people is a "plus" as far as I am concerned. :)

truthfinder
1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said:

The last time anyone declared war on Australian wildlife, they lost. As in, the Emus won. 

Spem in alium

1 hour ago, PhuturePriest said:

And one more thing - WESTERN Australia???? East side is where it's at. ;)

11 minutes ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

New Zealand is very high on my list of "places I would live if money and health were no concern." The fact that New Zealand apparently has more sheep than people is a "plus" as far as I am concerned. :)

Mine too! Though I do love Australia, even with its burning summers, its billion flies and its venomous creatures.

9 minutes ago, vee said:

New Zealand has a lot of Orcs...

It does indeed. But maybe Orcs are easier to take on than snakes, spiders, fire ants, platypus, etc. Less deceptive.

PhuturePriest
2 hours ago, truthfinder said:

The last time anyone declared war on Australian wildlife, they lost. As in, the Emus won. 

Oh yes, the Emu War. An Australian friend and I were dying at the office one day while we were reading about it. He had never heard of it before, and we spent a good amount of time researching it in disbelief.

1 hour ago, Spem in alium said:

And one more thing - WESTERN Australia???? East side is where it's at. ;)

Mine too! Though I do love Australia, even with its burning summers, its billion flies and its venomous creatures.

It does indeed. But maybe Orcs are easier to take on than snakes, spiders, fire ants, platypus, etc. Less deceptive.

Of course Western Australia. Eastern Australia is already packed with pagan descendants of convicts. It's so bad Pell ran out of there and took asylum in Rome.

Spem in alium
12 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Oh yes, the Emu War. An Australian friend and I were dying at the office one day while we were reading about it. He had never heard of it before, and we spent a good amount of time researching it in disbelief.

Of course Western Australia. Eastern Australia is already packed with pagan descendants of convicts. It's so bad Pell ran out of there and took asylum in Rome.

They really did end up killing a lot of emus (apparently 2,500). I'd heard of the war before but not that they actually killed such a number (though it's still seen as an unsuccessful conflict). And, maybe to placate the enemy, we now we have an emu in our coat of arms and on one of our coins.

You could always try Tasmania to do your converting. Less people who will probably cause less trouble than us easterners with our iocane powder and criminal tendencies. Combine the two and it makes for a good time.