An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello!

<3 PopeFrancis

<3 PopeFrancis

This is my first forum and I am not aware of the protocol.  I don't mean to just jump into conversations.  Please forgive me for being rude.   

I have been looking for a venue to share theology and ideas outside of Church and am also eager to learn.  I have so many questions about it.  What do I need to start?  

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Thank you.

Edited by <3 PopeFrancis

Welcome! :like2:

You are not at being rude in any way.  Everything has a beginning and every member too had a first time on Phatmass and/or on any discussion site at all.  The way to learn 'the system' is to ask questions - and don't be afraid to do so.

I have been looking for a venue to share theology and ideas outside of Church and am also eager to learn.  I have so many questions about it.  What do I need to start?  

1. You are in the right place to share "theology and ideas" outside of one's parish.
  2. Questions can go into Open Mic or if you think a subject you raise might be controversial, then there is the Debate Forum.  Catholic Questions and Answers is a good place to ask your own question - but then so is Open Mic.  Catholic Q and A is probably more for Catholic subjects or Catholic related matters, while Open Mic is for anything at all including Catholic matters. Our administrator and owner of Phatmass ( the "boss" or"fearless leader" (dUSt) - has emphatically stated that the Vocations Forums is for questions and subjects connected to consecrated life and the priesthood only.  Any other vocation subject can be raised in Open Mic.
  3. You might like to commence with an introduction to yourself in Open Mic so we can begin to get to know you.
  4. If you are unsure on some matter, ask your question in Open Mic.  With the Private Message system, it won't operate for a new member until after 100 posts I think it is.
  5. Each forum has its' short explanation here: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/
  6. Our Forum guidelines or rules are here : http://www.phatmass.com/phorum-guidelines/
  7. I think I might have covered most all of it - if I am incorrect anywhere, then I am sure other members will correct the matter.

Welcome again................Barb :)