An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello!

<3 PopeFrancis

<3 PopeFrancis

This is my first forum and I am not aware of the protocol.  I don't mean to just jump into conversations.  Please forgive me for being rude.   

I have been looking for a venue to share theology and ideas outside of Church and am also eager to learn.  I have so many questions about it.  What do I need to start?  

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Thank you.

If it's a general question, I suggest posting it in Open Mic.

If it's a more theological or technical question, I suggest posting it in Catholic Q & A.

If it's a non-theological question - politics, society, culture, etc. - I suggest posting it in the Debate Table.

Some common courtesy stuff:

1. Don't post many times in a row, as if you're talking to yourself. Wait for others to interact with you. (You're doing just fine at the moment! :) )

2. Don't go phishing through the archives posting in threads from 5 years ago. We call that Lazarus-ing threads, and it is super annoying.

Welcome, <3 PopeFrancis! :flowers:

IgnatiusofLoyola

Another piece of advice. You have not publicly stated your religion. To do this, go back into your profile. It will ask your religion, and give you a number of choices.

This will help other people understand where you are coming from in your posts, and give you better responses.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola
1 hour ago, vee said:

Never mention bunchie.

I LOVE Bunchie! Get thee to a monastery! :P

Note to <3 Pope Francis: Vee and I like each other and are just giving each other grief. (Plus, Vee IS entering a monastery in 2 weeks and will be sorely missed.)

BTW <3 Pope Francis: Your user name is kinda awkward. If you think of a more "straightforward" name, let dUSt know and he will change it for you. However, dUSt is often busy so it might not happen immediately.

3 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

However, dUSt is often busy so it might not happen immediately.

Or without substantial, prolonged public humiliation.

Or ever.

IgnatiusofLoyola
45 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

Or without substantial, prolonged public humiliation.

Or ever.

True dat.

Paradoxically, however, there have been times in the past when a member has gotten dUSt very mad or highly amused (probably simultaneously), and/or the drama the member has stirred up has created a lot of work for dUSt (one of seven deadly sins of Phatmass), dUSt has taken the step of giving a member a user name the person did not ask for or want. Moral: Don't create more work for dUSt if you possibly can. Alternatively, dUSt can be bribed with beer, preferably IPA beer. However, the beer must show up on dUSt's doorstep, making this bribe difficult for non-Texans.

6 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

I LOVE Bunchie! Get thee to a monastery! :P

Ya you and ds are part of the pro Bunchie group whereas I will always be a steadfast member of the Church of Anti Bunchie!!!

welcome <3 

On 7/1/2016 at 11:08 AM, Gabriela said:

Some common courtesy stuff:

1. Don't post many times in a row, as if you're talking to yourself. Wait for others to interact with you. (You're doing just fine at the moment! :) )

2. Don't go phishing through the archives posting in threads from 5 years ago. We call that Lazarus-ing threads, and it is super annoying.

Welcome, <3 PopeFrancis! :flowers:

What if i haven't posted in 5 or 10 years?