An Old School Catholic Message Board

2 Intentions

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Today was a majorly crazy afternoon at work.  This is a holiday weekend and people have started calling off for different reasons - I dealt with 4 call-offs today alone and the weekend hasn't even started.  I'm not going to be at work in the morning due to my doctor's appointment and I probably won't be able to come in later, either, because this particular appointment tends to last several hours.  I'm off on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, but I'm worried as to what will come of this weekend.  I'm going to try my hardest not to think about it because it is not my responsibility when I'm off-duty, but I'm very proud about my job and I hate when the schedule looks like a mess.  :(

Mostly, please pray for my appointment tomorrow - the hydrogen breath test.  It starts in the mid-morning and can last at least 3 hours and I may not get in right away.  My boss has already approved my leave - whether it be a partial day or a full day.  I'm hoping that this test can give more answers as to what is causing my symptoms.  The doctor is testing for Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) which, according to various sources can happen to people with fibromyalgia, rosacea, Celiac disease, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - among other disorders.  If it comes back positive, my doctor is likely to start me on an antibiotic regimen and then boost my digestive tract with good bacteria found in probiotics.