An Old School Catholic Message Board

Speaking on a Panel

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Some people have it in their heads that I have interesting things to say, so I'm being put on a panel tomorrow.

It's actually a camp for little kids with speech impediments, so my pathologist asked me if I could speak on the panel and answer their questions in the hope of inspiring them and helping them. I'm strangely excited about the prospect, actually. Then again, it is well-established that I just like hearing myself talk, so perhaps that is why. :|

But anyway, if you could pray for me and the children, I would appreciate it.

FYI: Two weeks ago my priest was on vacation, and another priest came to say Mass. He stammered as he preached, but he pushed right on through, and nobody cared, and honestly he gave a better homily than my regular priest.

GO, PHUTUREPRIEST!!! ;) 

Nihil Obstat

My new priest seems to have a pretty significant lisp. Great voice though. He chants a little tentatively which obviously is bad for pitch, but that is mainly a confidence thing. 

PhuturePriest

Knocked it out of the park. I don't think I had one disfluency whatsoever. I was disappointed when it ended because I enjoy public speaking so much.

Thanks for the prayers, peasants.

Maximilianus
23 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

...I enjoy public speaking so much.

Translation: "My homilies will be long, very very long. Muhuhahahahahahahahaha"