An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy crier? Sad crier?

dUSt

Crying during movies.   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I never cry during sad parts of movies. I don't really cry for sad things in real life. But, I do cry, much to the amusement of my wife and kids, during happy scenes in movies. What about you? What does this mean about us?

Latest example, I cried during Dowton Abbey when the guy who ran the school told Mr Molesley that he was very smart and wanted him to teach. :cry3:

PhuturePriest

I wish I were a happy crier, but alas, I only cry when sad things happen, almost always when something is ending. For instance, whenever I watch the end of The Return of the King I cry my eyes out, because it's the end and everyone is going their separate ways.
I usually don't cry during death scenes, however, as odd as that is.

I can be a happy crier or a sad crier.......but not always, sometimes only.

I am more likely to cry for happy than cry for sad.  I certainly can laugh until I cry with tears flowing.

Lassie movies ALWAYS make me cry. I avoid them.

<3 PopeFrancis

I cried (bawled) at three love movies.  The Phantom of the Opera, Immortal Beloved, and I can't remember however, I do recall it was a love movie.  

little2add

When my son married, during the ceremony 

i fully expect cry with joy when they start a family too.   

Grandchildren! Wow :cry3:looking forward to the day

Spem in alium

One of my memories as a kid was my teacher (Year 1, or first grade) leaving our school. I distinctly remember her crying during the speech she gave to the school and saying "I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying because I'm happy." At the time I remember being amazed that someone could cry when they were happy. :)  

I've never cried during a movie (as far as I can remember, anyway), but can cry while reading a book.  Jane Eyre can be a tear-jerker, and Anne of Green Gables (when Anne's hurt and Marilla runs to her knowing that she loves her more than anything else -- wow). And I cry reading my Bible, when I'm struck by something very profound or joyful. The other day I laughed so much I cried. That was fun. 

Bambi, Land Before Time, Titanic, babies, puppies, kittens.... Happy or sad... You say cry, I say when....