An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Musings on Hillary's America Documentary

PhuturePriest

On 7/25/2016 at 7:56 PM, Peace said:

It is truly a shame. I wish we had an opportunity to vote for Ted "I would support the only candidate with any chance of beating Hillary Clinton, but let me just throw him under the bus for my own presidential aspirations in 2020 instead" Cruz. We need some men of real principle in the White House.

All bow down before The Almighty Donald!

But I am wondering, are there any Democratic politicians who you would not apply the above statements to? If so, who are they?

Perhaps at the local (or maybe even state) level somewhere; I don't know.  The party at the national level is thoroughly rotten to the core.

In terms of pure crookedness, dishonesty, sleaze (and outright criminality), though, the Clintons are the worst of the worst (even if folks like Sanders and Obama may be further left ideologically).

PhuturePriest

I liked Sanders. He seemed as if he genuinely cared about people and was a sincere person. As such, he had no chance, of course.

Nihil Obstat
9 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

I liked Sanders. He seemed as if he genuinely cared about people and was a sincere person. As such, he had no chance, of course.

I believe that he genuinely believes in his ideology. But his ideology is fundamentally incompatible with Catholic social teaching.

(I also read several times that he was an incredibly unfriendly old man in private.) 

PhuturePriest
2 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I believe that he genuinely believes in his ideology. But his ideology is fundamentally incompatible with Catholic social teaching.

(I also read several times that he was an incredibly unfriendly old man in private.) 

I'm not saying I would've voted for him or that I liked his political leanings. I just liked him as a person.

Nihil Obstat
37 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

I'm not saying I would've voted for him or that I liked his political leanings. I just liked him as a person.

Fair enough.