An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not everything that's immoral is unsafe

little2add

o contraire mon cheri  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Isn't the answer obvious if taken within its context :think:

Edited by Benedictus

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Holy scripture states that not all sins lead to death and also it stated that all things are lawful but not all things are beneficial. I am not saying we should sin or break the laws of the land but perhaps with such knowledge and you ask the lord together to illuminate your minds as to the truth about these 2 passages our sovereign lord and saviour will do so and if he doesn't then if i get the chance b4 I ditch the net 4 however long I will give you my understanding of these two passages that I believe has been revealed to me by the spirit of God, not saying it has been but aye anything I say respect it and pray about it and open you bible randomly after asking the lord to reveal as to whether im bogus or tabby cat. How it iz in tha bizz. Take care be aware. Peace

Lol missed a whole sentence,what a ranga. He will reveal to you whether I'm bogus or not. Holy scripture I believe can be used like an oracle after asking God a question and praying for the answer then opening at random and the answer will perhaps be contained somewhere on those two pages, I did it once and it prophesied to me the 2nd time didn't, though unsure I even tried a 3nd time. GB

Hacker alert just got blocked and typing altered perhaps. 3nd was 2nd

Biggest ranger on the planet. Do the bible oracle thing for both the solution to the illumination of the problem and also as to me being me bogus pond scum slimed bottom of the pool still water fake lier pantaloons on fire. :) Seriously though be wise anyone could be fake as on the net or even in reality, examine your, hearts, minds,holy scripture and or sacred tradition when it comes to discerning what people say as being true or false, remembering we are to not judge or condemn anyone just love them well remove ring also that we are not door mats.. 

/ Removing /

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Wot the lol. /remembering to remove ring/.      Blipping mobile/auto correct lol

Remembering was the correct word and not the other stuff. Major spaz out or hacker. Spit it out whale or I tickle your belly. Lol

Sin

2 hours ago, Benedictus said:

Imoralty or Sin is detrimental to the body, mind and soul 

Edited by little2add

• 2 weeks later...
On July 31, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Benedictus said:

name one, (besides abortion) in context or not.   i have to believe that immoral sin is always unsafe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Even if immoral acts may not hurt us physically (immediately), it will hurt us spiritually. However, if the person doing this act does not what what they are doing is wrong, the will recieve fewer strokes than the one who does know if something is wrong and do it anyway (not doing the will of God in the present moment) - (Luke 12:47).

Mother Angelica (May she rest in peace) put it this way. Sin is like pouring acid on your hand. The more acid you pour on your hand, it's eventually going to cause you physical harm. Sin is acid to our souls. If we fall into mortal sin, (remember - three conditions need to be met: Grave Matter, Full knowledge, and Deliverate Consent), then we need to reconcile our lives back to God through the sacrament of Reconcilitation and have a firm purpose of amendment. We can not presume God's mercy and go do whatever we want. Think about it, that does not make sense. 

Why would I purposely hurt a friend by doing something immoral and assuming they are just going to forgive me. I do not take into account my friend's love for me, the good they want for me. I focus on myself and my needs, my wants, which is self-righteous behavior. Now think of Jesus, who is the most best friend we can ever have - who died for us because he wanted the supreme good for us. That is to one day be with him, the Father, and the Holy Spirit for all eternity. 

Why would we ever want to purposely want to do something immoral? It's not a matter if something is safe or not. But, why would we ever want to desire to offend such a great God? 

There are some people who think of the opinions of others. While it's good to have empathy toward other people, we must always seek Truth and that is Jesus, in everything we do. He came that we may have life and have it the the full (John 10:10) and He is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). 

If a true Christian truly loves Jesus, they will keep his commandments (John 14:15).

The Gospel of John Chapter 14 is a great chapter to reflect on the Father's love for us. 

I humbly ask anyone reading this to continue to seek the Truth (Jesus) and form your conscience according to truth. If you follow God's commandments and follow his will, love God and our neighbor before yourselves, you will find true freedom in Jesus Christ and the devil can not take it away from you.

Edited by WhiteLily