An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stranger Things

HopefulHeart

• I watched it a few days ago. What a beautifully crafted series from beginning to end (and how about those amesome 80s era intro graphics?!). i was loving every minute of it. It's got all the good stuff from 80s movies, perfected. Stellar performances, the kids especially. Gripping story. It seems to me that the show got right what the movie Super 8 got wrong.

(Some of the creepier elements reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth---though certainly not as scary! Nihil is right that its more mystery/thriller).

LittleWaySoul

It's weird but I kind of want to watch it again? Though I probably won't until I have a friend who hasn't seen it yet to watch it with. 

Deus te Amat

I've been watching it with a friend and we finished episode 5 last night. I find it pretty creepy and can't watch too many episodes too close to bedtime, but overall I like it and hope they decide to do a second season.

LittleWaySoul
14 hours ago, Deus te Amat said:

I've been watching it with a friend and we finished episode 5 last night. I find it pretty creepy and can't watch too many episodes too close to bedtime, but overall I like it and hope they decide to do a second season.

I literally just watched episode 5 with my brother tonight! He's making his way through it. 

Deus te Amat

My friend and I finished it last night. We are super excited for season two, especially because we feel for Barb and want people to realize she's actually missing. Poor dear.

LittleWaySoul
8 hours ago, Deus te Amat said:

My friend and I finished it last night. We are super excited for season two, especially because we feel for Barb and want people to realize she's actually missing. Poor dear.

#Justice4Barbara2016

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching it with my cats at midnight.  They fall asleep, but I love every minute of it.  It reminds me of my childhood, geeky friends, square and dysfunctional families, creepy monsters and all... lol

On 9/14/2016 at 8:46 PM, dominicansoul said:

I've been watching it with my cats at midnight.  They fall asleep, but I love every minute of it.  It reminds me of my childhood, geeky friends, square and dysfunctional families, creepy monsters and all... lol

Childhood?  Shoot ... that sounds like my today. :) 

Edited by Papist

On September 14, 2016 at 8:46 PM, dominicansoul said:

I'm going to link DS's post with the topic the thread. 

"Cat's Eye" 1985.

No doubt part of the genre that inspired this show. 

It's an anthology that is tied together by a cat, the creators of Stranger Things had thought of making the series an anthology, an idea which I think they abandoned.

I remember that show!!!

I'm thinking the creators of Strange Things might make it into an anthology where the older characters gradually fade off while new ones are being introduced...

At least that is what it sounds like in all the interviews I've been gorging on this weekend... there's tons of stuff on youtube about this show...

Even the girl who plays Eleven wasn't sure she was going to return next season...

13 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

I'm going to link DS's post with the topic the thread. 

"Cat's Eye" 1985.

No doubt part of the genre that inspired this show. 

It's an anthology that is tied together by a cat, the creators of Stranger Things had thought of making the series an anthology, an idea which I think they abandoned.

A lot of people quit smoking b/c of that movie.

4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I remember that show!!!

I'm thinking the creators of Strange Things might make it into an anthology where the older characters gradually fade off while new ones are being introduced...

At least that is what it sounds like in all the interviews I've been gorging on this weekend... there's tons of stuff on youtube about this show...

Even the girl who plays Eleven wasn't sure she was going to return next season...

I will be sad if Millie Bobby Brown does not return. She was my favourite part of the first season. :P

3 hours ago, Papist said:

A lot of people quit smoking b/c of that movie.

A lot of kids never saw those jingle bell jester hats the same way again.

4 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I will be sad if Millie Bobby Brown does not return. She was my favourite part of the first season. :P

I agree.  I know the show wouldn't be the same without her.