An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stranger Things

HopefulHeart

2 hours ago, Not A Mallard said:

Finally got around to watching this show. It was pretty good.

BUT WHEN'S WILL BYERS GONNA CATCH A BREAK?!?!

Literally never.

• 2 months later...

Moving to Open Mic, because Stranger Things is definitely not lame.

On 8/9/2016 at 9:08 AM, Nihil Obstat said:

The way I would describe it is as being very much a mix of Stand By Me, E.T., The Goonies, and The Thing. And that feeling of being a combination of those films is quite intentional.

I'd add Poltergeist and the Karate Kid in that mix as well.

• 9 months later...
dominicansoul

Stranger Things season 2 was pretty good.  

What I can't stand is how many fans are 'shipping these kids.  They're just kids.  Even creepier are the adults that find them attractive.  :shocking:

PhuturePriest

I liked season two more than season one.

The rest of this will presume you have watched all of season two because it's been out forever and if you haven't what the hell are you doing right now?

Steve and Dustin's friendship was one of my favorite parts of season two, as well as the growing closeness between Hopper and Eleven was great.

However, I was disappointed that Bob died (predictable though that was) and that Will did not die. He has eminently annoyed me since the beginning and I keep hoping for him to finally go. I think he was particularly annoying this year. I must give credit to the actor, though, who plays the role very well. I just don't find the role all that likeable.

dominicansoul

Season one set the standard, but it looks like the Duffer brothers worked to improve that standard.  Hopefully they continue to improve it until it's finale.   

SPOILER ALERT:

I think Noah Schnapp should definitely win an Emmy for his portrayal of the unluckiest kid in Hawkins.   His acting when the feds were burning the Upside Down roots was incredible.   

I don't think any of the 5 original kids will die in the series.   If any of them do, it'll probably be the death of the series.  

My favorite parts:

The guys in Ghostbusters costumes

Dustin's new teeth and little growl

Eleven's hair

Steve's hair

"Dad" Steve

Dart the demo-dog

Bob the Brain

The Arcade filled with all the games I used to play at the kids age (I was their age during these years.) 

THE SOUNDTRACK

The gang's keeping Will from knowing their location

The gang's readiness to fight the Demo-dogs

Mike grabbing a candle stick 

Eleven walking in when she did

Dustin forcing Stephen to put the demo-dog into the fridge

Honorable mention:

MadMax-I thought she was an okay addition to the gang

Kali's instruction to Eleven

The things I hated:

Giving Mike and Eleven only 10 minutes together in the entire season.   And when they finally are together they act like love sick adults instead of good friends/teenagers who love each other more than just friends.  

Hopper's hiding Eleven from the gang and not realizing she really really needed to be with the people she cared about most; also him not telling her about her mom

Nancy & Jonathan's romance

008's gang

Billy

Bob the Brain's death

The one thing the Duffer's missed:

The girl who asked Will to dance should have been Jennifer Hayes, the girl seen crying at Will's funeral!

Things I didn't quite understand:

The Funeral of Barb.  Who was in her casket?  Did someone drudge up her body from the Upside Down? 

I'm not even going to pretend this list is complete.  I just love this series and I hope it comes back for 3 more seasons as the Duffer Brothers originally said "5 seasons."  

• 1 month later...