An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN TV specials on women's religious orders

Swami Mommy

EWTN GALLERY
POOR CLARE NUNS: A LIFE FOR GOD
An inside look at the thousands of nuns who, today, still follow the way of St. Clare, spending their lives in prayer and sacrifice behind convent walls.
Show Day
Show Date
Start Time
Duration
Thursday
08/18/2016
06:30 PM
00:30
Friday
08/19/2016
02:30 AM
00:30
TV-G
EWTN CINEMA
EDITH STEIN: THE SEVENTH CHAMBER
An artistic portrayal of the heroic life of Jewish philosopher and Catholic convert, Edith Stein, who was martyred under Nazi Germany regime in 1942.
Show Day
Show Date
Start Time
Duration
Saturday
08/20/2016
08:00 PM
02:00
TV-PG
EWTN PRESENTS
HIDDEN: A LIFE ALL FOR GOD - HIDDEN: A LIFE ALL FOR GOD
The daily life of the Trappistine Sisters at Mount Saint Mary’s Abbey in Wrentham, Massachusetts, who embrace a quiet life of prayer and solitude, and support their mission through candy making.
Show Day
Show Date
Start Time
Duration
Saturday
08/20/2016
11:00 PM
01:00
TV-G

I've set my DVR!  I watched the program on the Poor Clares and it was very nice.  The monastery is beautiful, but the film only showed seven or so nuns.  I'm not sure if that was their entire community, but I got the sense that it was.  

Edited by Swami Mommy

50 minutes ago, Swami Mommy said:

I've set my DVR!  I watched the program on the Poor Clares and it was very nice.  The monastery is beautiful, but the film only showed seven or so nuns.  I'm not sure if that was their entire community, but I got the sense that it was.  

I watched it too last night - thanks for posting about it. It's the Belleville community and I believe they have had a few vocations since that video was made. Their website http://www.poorclares-belleville.info/ said it was done in 2003.

Further, there's another one on Poor Clares at 630 pm est. This time Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in France - I wonder if it's the community that OLAM helped refound several years ago. 

50 minutes ago, Swami Mommy said:

I watched it too last night - thanks for posting about it. It's the Belleville community and I believe they have had a few vocations since that video was made. Their website http://www.poorclares-belleville.info/ said it was done in 2003.

Further, there's another one on Poor Clares at 630 pm est. This time Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in France - I wonder if it's the community that OLAM helped refound several years ago. 

13 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

Do you know where is the community that OLAM helped refound ? There's two PCPA monasteries in France : Castelnaudary and Troye (the birthplace of the congregation). Both of them have been refounded by Polish, and Indian sisters, that I'm sure, but I don't know wich one have american sisters. 

13 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

Do you know where is the community that OLAM helped refound ? There's two PCPA monasteries in France : Castelnaudary and Troye (the birthplace of the congregation). Both of them have been refounded by Polish, and Indian sisters, that I'm sure, but I don't know wich one have american sisters. 

1 hour ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

It was Troyes - there was one nun from OLAM - see this post http://olamnuns.com/blog/143-our-visitors-from-troyes-france.html

1 hour ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

It was Troyes - there was one nun from OLAM - see this post http://olamnuns.com/blog/143-our-visitors-from-troyes-france.html

She played the violin in the Holy rosary videos....Sr. Marie Antoinette. The other one is Sr. Mary Catherine. Sorta off topic...Belleville doesnt really post announcements (I dont think)when they receive new novices!  Someone can correct me if they know. I only say that, because I was told by a Franciscan friar that it was to the best of his knowledge..  a sister from OLAM had transfered to that community a few years ago ..However,  nothing was ever made public if she truely had done so. I say THAT, because... communities usually announce in some way shape or form...when they have recieved a "newbie" into their fold! 

She played the violin in the Holy rosary videos....Sr. Marie Antoinette. The other one is Sr. Mary Catherine. Sorta off topic...Belleville doesnt really post announcements (I dont think)when they receive new novices!  Someone can correct me if they know. I only say that, because I was told by a Franciscan friar that it was to the best of his knowledge..  a sister from OLAM had transfered to that community a few years ago ..However,  nothing was ever made public if she truely had done so. I say THAT, because... communities usually announce in some way shape or form...when they have recieved a "newbie" into their fold! 

I just watched "Hidden: a Life All for God" and in my opinion it's one of the best vocation videos I've seen.  The nuns are wonderfully insightful and heartfelt as they describe the fruits of monastic life and share their own vocation stories.  I highly recommend this video.  In addition to being a testament to the beauty of living a life dedicated to one's inner relationship with the Divine, at its core it's also an inspirational blueprint that can be applied to any life path for those who wish to daily recommit to creating a meaningful life of focused depth and intention.

Edited by Swami Mommy

On 8/22/2016 at 8:07 AM, Swami Mommy said:

I just watched "Hidden: a Life All for God" and in my opinion it's one of the best vocation videos I've seen.  The nuns are wonderfully insightful and heartfelt as they describe the fruits of monastic life and share their own vocation stories.  I highly recommend this video.  In addition to being a testament to the beauty of living a life dedicated to one's inner relationship with the Divine, at its core it's also an inspirational blueprint that can be applied to any life path for those who wish to daily recommit to creating a meaningful life of focused depth and intention.

That's what you can expect from the Trappists. ;) 

Is any of this online?

On August 25, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Swami Mommy said:

Gabriela, there are a few excerpts from the film of the various sisters' vocation stories on the monastery's website, and it is also available for purchase through their gift shop,

http://msmabbey.org/vocation-stories

I listened to these and they are awe-inspiring.  The one from Sr. Sofia was especially sweet.

• 2 weeks later...