An Old School Catholic Message Board

A day in the life

Sister Leticia

Elderly capuchin walking surrounded by two dogs is the cutest thing I've seen today 

Elderly capuchin walking surrounded by two dogs is the cutest thing I've seen today 

Kayte Postle

Such a sweet and funny video! Thank you for sharing Sister.

Edited by Kayte Postle

That was beautiful! I loved the part where they were twirling their cinctures.  

I'm also intrigued that they showed the brothers in their pajamas on video.  I feel like female religious communities wouldn't allow their sisters to be shown in anything but their habit...

Edited by katherineH

Spem in alium
On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, katherineH said:

That was beautiful! I loved the part where they were twirling their cinctures.  

I'm also intrigued that they showed the brothers in their pajamas on video.  I feel like female religious communities wouldn't allow their sisters to be shown in anything but their habit...

Haha, we had a pyjama party in our convent last year and took photos...which went up on Facebook! It was so fun!

Last summer, when the 3 IHM communities and Oblate Sisters of Providence had joint community days, we ended with a "beach party" with lots of music and dancing. Even the sisters who generally wear habits (2 of the 4 communities) came in shorts or whatever.... And the film was online from that.  

Of course most congregations don't wear habits, so any pictures/film of them will be in whatever they happen to be wearing....