An Old School Catholic Message Board

Simcha Fisher

On 8/24/2016 at 5:17 PM, Josh said:

By Mark Shea

Perhaps the two most absurd things I hear from the Paladins of Family and Life at St. Blogs are these:

1. It was “scandalous” that a Catholic writer should tell a bawdy joke about a thrice-married, draft-dodging . . . blah-de-blah, blah, blah . . .

What's scandalous, Mr. Shea, is that self-proclaimed "Catholic" pundits should publicly rejoice in the sins and failings of one politician (Trump) , because it gives them an excuse to support a far more evil and fanatically pro-abortion politician (Clinton).  Such delighting in evil is not from Jesus, but Satan.  It's also scandalous to slander the millions of faithful Catholics who don't share these two's leftist political delusions.

And please, enough of the whining and treating Mrs. Fisher as some kind of martyr.   The Register/EWTN doesn't owe her a writing job with them simply because she has ten kids or whatever.  EWTN has a right to set standards of behavior for those that write for its publications, and it's hardly surprising that a Catholic Christian, family-oriented network would not want to be associated with such obscene and hateful talk on a public venue.  I know a number of Catholic schools and universities that would instantly fire any faculty that made similar comments on Facebook or such.  And given the long history of hateful and disgusting remarks by Fisher and Shea quoted in that "Stream" article, it's not like the "bj" cracks were an isolated incident, though they may have crossed a line of decency.

And for those crying about "censorship,"  Mrs. Fisher remains free to spout off whatever garbage she likes.  The Register doesn't have to be associated with it, or pay her for it.

I'm sure any number of vulgar leftist outlets would be more than happy to publish Fisher's rantings.  I'm sure Rolling Stone or some such publication would be glad to take her and Shea on board.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. ¶ What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you. (Php 4:8–9).

Words you should heed yourself, Mr. Shea.

Edited by Socrates