An Old School Catholic Message Board

At a 'Loss for Priest

<3 PopeFrancis

<3 PopeFrancis

Ok.  I was at a Lutheran Church where people of various denominations and faith volunteer in a street ministry.  Mind you in the entranceway of one of their doors was a portrait of Martin Luther.  So, the pastor there was the pastor of one of our Church's.  After much praying and dissension in the Church, he "left" the Church.  I had no clue he was the pastor of this Church.  Honestly, I did not judge him but felt much pain for Mary loves them so much.  I could not talk to him and welcomed whatever distraction it took to not have to engage in even eye contact.  

Our parish prayed very hard for a new pastor and were blessed to receive one from Our Lady of LaSalette Order.  He is fluent in all the Latin languages has devotions and is down to earth.  The other two priests from the three other churches in the area plus the Jesuits from the Shrine nearby have been very helpful to his transition.

After this ordeal, I didn't think I would have to deal with the other pastor anymore.  We had brief eye contact when someone addressed him as Father.  I was taken aback and in that instant I think he saw it.  I wish I could have been more merciful towards him.  I am having a Rosary Rally for America Needs Fatima.  I would like to invite him but these people are rabidly anti-anything.  However, I do like their work and am blessed to be involved with them.

How sad for the priest!  I'm glad your parish was able to find another pastor, and a really talented one at that.  Did he join an LCMS, ELCA or WELS Lutheran church?  Just curious.

Maybe the Lord wanted you to be there to witness this so you can pray for this poor priest. I'll be keeping him in my prayers. Thank you for sharing. I know it's hard to witness, but the Lord will bring good out of your prayers for him and maybe come back to the Church!

<3 PopeFrancis

Our town has three Catholic Churches functioning and one which is my parish in a hamlet or village part of the city.  The church is not my current parish, although I did my first communion there.  However, the priests that were left along with the support of the Bishop started having one Mass daily and at this Church.  The reason for this being that one priest runs the one in the village and in the city and the other priest has a large community over the river.  They were left with this abandoned flock. We continue to have Daily Mass there.

I think this is what the Lord wanted myself.  I may or may not invite him to the Rosary Rally, but I definitely am praying for him.  

Thank you.