An Old School Catholic Message Board

2017? Year of.....

SNJM

Help! I'm getting ready for a faith formation program (RCIA) & our Pastor told me 2017 will be: The Year of Grace. (I'm in the US) Does anybody know anything about this? Is there a website, images, information? Anything you wise, active Catholics could provide would be great! Thanks in advance!

Rose 

TheLordsSouljah
22 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I thought it was the year of the monkey coming up. :|

I nearly choked on my coffee reading this hahahaha :hehe2:

And hey Rose, I did some googling and it appears to be a Jewish thing that has been coming for about 800 years, the year apparently ushering in the age of the Messiah. I have no idea how accurate that is, nor if this is a good source to read up on it a bit https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/2017-jubilee-year/ , however, it does not seem to be anticipated as such within the Church. Who knows what we may have next year, but it's sure to be good as always :) 

Thanks from r the answers. I found stuff on the Australuan Catgolic Church & nice logos, but I still can't find anything "official." Please let me know if any of you stumble across materials! Thanks!

Rose

2016 The year Mother Teresa, a Catholic nun is declared a saint in a canonization Mass held by Pope Francis in the Vatican.

Edited by little2add