An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dta's thoughts of randomness... and running

Deus te Amat

Spem in alium

I just started Week 3! It was significantly easier for me to run, though running the three minutes seemed reeeally long at first (quite possibly because I was running at the speed of a snail). I pushed myself not to check the time (as in how much longer I had left) and to actually focus on what was around me, like trees and birds and other people. Sometimes I wasn't even thinking of how much I wanted to stop running!

LittleWaySoul
On 11/8/2016 at 4:46 AM, Spem in alium said:

@LittleWaySoul, how was your 5k?!

It went well!! I think I made it in ~38 minutes. I'm struggling to motivate myself to keep running though. I'm working on it!

• 2 weeks later...

I've kind of fallen off the wagon recently. Ran last Tues/Thurs but missed my 3rd run. The week before I only ran once. Doesn't help that it's been grey and nasty, it is so much easier to run in nice weather. :(

LittleWaySoul

I started running again last Thursday. It was hard to start again but since I did, motivation has been easier. It's really helpful to my mental, spiritual, physical, and emotional health so I have a lot of incentive to continue. 

Spem in alium

I stopped for a couple of weeks because I had shin splints and my shoes were not good. Now I have new running shoes and went for a run yesterday (not C25K, but I did time myself in 3-minute bursts). It was a bit of a struggle but I felt great afterwards! 

• 2 weeks later...

I ran 5 miles in 49:33 on Thanksgiving. But I haven't run since, or even much before. Winter makes me want to hibernate. 

On 12/6/2016 at 2:11 PM, Deus te Amat said:

I ran 5 miles in 49:33 on Thanksgiving. But I haven't run since, or even much before. Winter makes me want to hibernate. 

Hope hibernate doesn't make you want to eat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I began regularly jogging/slow running at the beginning of the fall. I started with a very short distance and over time worked up to around 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. I never thought I would like jogging, but now it's my preferred way to exercise. I haven't jogged in the past few weeks, though, with the onset of snowy weather and finals (senior seminars take up lots of time).

• 3 weeks later...
LittleWaySoul
On 10/10/2016 at 11:12 AM, Papist said:

Have any of you considered zero drop and broad toed shoes?  I've been using Altras since December.  Excellent performance and very minimal stress on the back.  They also have a very cushiony shoe.

www.altrarunning.com

I got a pair for Christmas and I really like them so far! Especially the broad toe area.

Also I ran another 5K! It was on New Year's Eve at 11:45pm so that we'd be running into the new year. I finished in 37 minutes, 3 minutes faster than my previous 5K. :)