An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today at mass, our priest talked about the upcoming election and abortion for part of his homily. I wish that he would've dedicated his entire homily to the topic. After mass my dad confronted me twice so far on how disturbed he was that the Church would tell him who to vote for. He can't wrap his mind around how anyone can vote for Trump, the worst possible candidate.

Dad kept listing the bad traits of Trump as if I was naiive to them. It wouldn't surprise me if between now and the election dad will try to show me anti-Trump videos, especially with Bill Maher. Dad watches him on youtube as it is and turns the volume up high. It isn't because he's hard of hearing. Dad doesn't watch tv that loud. He and his side of the family are big time democrats. I can easily picture Thanksgiving and Christmas seeing them and having them try to start an arguement with me on politics. If that happens, I'll leave their presence.

I'm voting for McMullin. Dad thinks that it's a waste because it'll be either Trump or Hilary.

Now mom told me that she agrees with dad. She says that she's read the documents by the USCCB, listened to Fr. Dave on the Catholic Channel, and Cardinal Dolan. She says that they all say to make your own decision. I don't think that that's accurate. I can't picture any of them claiming that it's acceptable to vote for Climton. 

The truth is that Trump and Clinton aren't the options given, just as this thread says. How likely such options are to be affective is another matter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Trump!!!!  

:smile4:

Much better than that Trudeau-girl we have in Canada... <_<

Ah yes - American politics.  guaranteed entertainment for the next four years now!

:popcorn2:

Long live democracy!