An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the Team Clinton has spent a combined $46.2 million in nine states to Team Trump's $1.2 million, just to bad mouth each other. That's nearly a 40-to-1 margin.

On 9/8/2016 at 11:40 AM, EmilyAnn said:

I'm genuinely appalled by how many of you would be willing to put a racist, sexist, insane egomaniac like Trump in the presidency.

Really guys? Really?

I don't think y'all realise just how much the rest of the world is laughing at you for even making this guy a candidate. 

Racism is evil.
Sexism is evil.

Abortion is more evil, more racist and more sexist than Trump.

13 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I absolutely cannot stand Trump, but I think it is delusional to say that Clinton is the lesser evil.

Any particular reason?

It's not like abortion in the US has any chance of being made illegal within our lifetime. We need a major cultural shift for that to happen.

Or is it the emails that bother you?

And Trump isn't against abortion.

25 minutes ago, Peace said:

Any particular reason?

It's not like abortion in the US has any chance of being made illegal within our lifetime. We need a major cultural shift for that to happen.

Or is it the emails that bother you?

And Trump isn't against abortion.

Abortion will not be made illegal any time soon, but we can use the political process to limit its availability and otherwise discourage it from happening, both in the US and internationally. There were those executive orders regarding abortion funding overseas. Funding for American clinics and PP could be reduced or restricted or limited, etc. The SCOTUS picks are enormous.

I agree that Trump is not really pro life. Trust me, there is nothing about him I like or respect. But Clinton is radically, fanatically pro abortion and will absolutely do whatever she can to increase its availability and promote it.

Trump then might do nothing really worthwhile regarding abortion, worst case scenario, or some minor good. But Clinton will cause huge further damage.

I am not saying to vote for Trump. But Clinton is not a lesser evil.

4 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Abortion will not be made illegal any time soon, but we can use the political process to limit its availability and otherwise discourage it from happening, both in the US and internationally. There were those executive orders regarding abortion funding overseas. Funding for American clinics and PP could be reduced or restricted or limited, etc. The SCOTUS picks are enormous.

I agree that Trump is not really pro life. Trust me, there is nothing about him I like or respect. But Clinton is radically, fanatically pro abortion and will absolutely do whatever she can to increase its availability and promote it.

I bet she will try. But I don't think the choice of President or political party has had any effect on actual abortion rates. If you look back at the data there does not seem to be any correlation.

Of course it is good to try to use politics and the courts to limit abortion, but I don't think one must be a single issue voter considering the actual state of things. I don't think there would a difference between them in terms of the actual number of abortions, but if someone feels strongly that there would be I think he can vote for Trump in good conscience.

Trump then might do nothing really worthwhile regarding abortion, worst case scenario, or some minor good. But Clinton will cause huge further damage.

I am not saying to vote for Trump. But Clinton is not a lesser evil.

I think it is debatable who is worse overall. I really don't want to get into a huge debate over it. I can certainly see how some people can conclude that Donald is the lesser evil. I think that is reasonable, but I think it is going a bit too far to say that anyone who concludes otherwise is delusional.

To clarify my position, the fact that one of those two people will be the next president of the United States is nothing short of shameful. 

To clarify my position, the fact that one of those two people will be the next president of the United States is nothing short of shameful. 

Keep hope alive. Maybe one of them will get impeached in the 1st month or something.

20 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

13912502_624050501097976_574882527168192

dominicansoul

The president vetoed a bill that would have defunded Planned Parenthood.  So, yes, it's extremely important not to put one of Planned Parenthood's puppets into the most important office in our country.  And Supreme Court Justice picks are just as important as well.  

I think its a common error people have thinking that any politician is going to end abortions.  No, they will not.

But I'll tell you what politicians are capable of:

Forcing all citizens to pay for abortions.

Forcing even NUNS to pay for abortions/birth control.  Doesn't anybody remember the Little Sisters of the Poor having to spend millions to fight this Democrat Party administration from forcing them to pay into abortion/birth control???????  They had to go all.the.way.to.the.Supreme.Court!!!

Placing Planned Parenthood into our public school systems.

Raising millions for Planned Parenthood.

Ending financial help to states/countries with Anti-Abortion laws, and/or threatening to end financial assistance/programs because of a state's/country's stance on life issues.  

Giving millions upon millions to countries who's respect for human life is less than favorable. (IRAN for example.) 

Fight to make Abortion-on-demand-at-any-stage LEGAL.

Ending religious liberties.

So, please stop saying "the president won't end abortion,"  as if abortion shouldn't even be considered an issue in a presidential election!  Of course it is!  It's THE issue!  The president for certain can destroy more lives with anti-life policies!

Will Hilary help her buddies at Planned Parenthood? A DEFINITE  YES

Will Trump?  I don't know.  But at least with him, there's hope, especially in his picks for the Supreme Court.  

6 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

The president vetoed a bill that would have defunded Planned Parenthood.  So, yes, it's extremely important not to put one of Planned Parenthood's puppets into the most important office in our country.  And Supreme Court Justice picks are just as important as well.  

Trump will not defund Planned Parenthood. Nor will he appoint pro-life justices to the Supreme Court. Trump is not a conservative. It is doubtful whether he is Christian. He was literally a Democrat 5 years ago. He literally went on TV and said that he was very pro-choice and supports partial-birth abortions.

Now, if you think there is some real chance that he has had a true change of heart, you must also believe him when he says that he is going to win 95% of the black vote.

I think its a common error people have thinking that any politician is going to end abortions.  No, they will not.

Agreed. Although I am not sure who it is that thinks this.

But I'll tell you what politicians are capable of:

Forcing all citizens to pay for abortions.

Certainly.

Forcing even NUNS to pay for abortions/birth control.  Doesn't anybody remember the Little Sisters of the Poor having to spend millions to fight this Democrat Party administration from forcing them to pay into abortion/birth control???????  They had to go all.the.way.to.the.Supreme.Court!!!

From what I recall, I do not think that anyone was forcing them to pay for birth control. Did not the issue there concern whether or not they should need to sign a waiver, in order to be exempted from the program?

Placing Planned Parenthood into our public school systems.

Raising millions for Planned Parenthood.

Ending financial help to states/countries with Anti-Abortion laws, and/or threatening to end financial assistance/programs because of a state's/country's stance on life issues.  

Giving millions upon millions to countries who's respect for human life is less than favorable. (IRAN for example.) 

Fight to make Abortion-on-demand-at-any-stage LEGAL.

Ending religious liberties.

Certainly.

So, please stop saying "the president won't end abortion,"  as if abortion shouldn't even be considered an issue in a presidential election!  Of course it is!  It's THE issue!  The president for certain can destroy more lives with anti-life policies!

Is this comment directed to me? Because that is not what I said.

I wrote that it is good to try to use politics and the courts to limit abortion, but that abortion need not be the only issue that a person should consider when voting.

Will Hilary help her buddies at Planned Parenthood? A DEFINITE  YES

She will try. Whether she will be able to or not remains to be seen.

Will Trump?  I don't know.  But at least with him, there's hope, especially in his picks for the Supreme Court.  

I don't see much hope in Trump. But as I wrote before, if you see hope in Trump then I believe that you can vote for him in good conscience.

Here is what I think about the idea of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils. We can never morally for for evil...A better way of putting it is voting for the better candidate...

Voting in the way that it is set up in this country is a big sham. I voted absentee ballots in the last 2 presidential elections. My vote was counted after election day, so how the heck is my vote count?  What good was my vote? Did I do my civic duty? What the heck does that even mean.

The system is rigged by the media. I'm not voting for one of their puppets. If every citizen stopped going along with the flow, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Archaeology cat
3 hours ago, Seven77 said:

Here is what I think about the idea of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils. We can never morally for for evil...A better way of putting it is voting for the better candidate...

Voting in the way that it is set up in this country is a big sham. I voted absentee ballots in the last 2 presidential elections. My vote was counted after election day, so how the heck is my vote count?  What good was my vote? Did I do my civic duty? What the heck does that even mean.

The system is rigged by the media. I'm not voting for one of their puppets. If every citizen stopped going along with the flow, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes! I wonder how it would be different if all the states had their primaries on the same day. I think we'd have different candidates than we now do.