An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clothing of VS'er on Thursday Sept 8 --Lets Pray for Her!

IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

On Thursday Sept 8, StrictlyInkblot (Sister Aisling) will be clothed with the Summit Dominicans.

If  possible, can as many of us as possible start praying for her Wednesday? I don't know what time her clothing is on Thursday, but usually the Summits post on their Web site about a clothing within hours after it happens, including Sister Aisling's new religious name!

I am SO happy for Sister Aisling. She had a long road to Summit, but made it from Ireland to New Jersey, survived the cold winter and wet summer, and now will be taking the next step in her religious vocation.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Sr. Chiara Marie of Our Lady Star of the Sea

It's official on the website along with a picture.  She looks SOOOOOO happy!  Congratulations and many blessings.

Sister,

It was me, Francis Clare, who posted the name, etc.  You know what they say about the "early bird"?  Although I'd rather have a coffee and danish instead of a worm :))

IgnatiusofLoyola

I was awake. (My cat keeps "nuns'" hours.) However, I hadn't checked the Summit Web site yet because I didn't expect the clothing to be this early. Nice work Francis Clare!

I was praying for Sister Chiara yesterday (Wed) and thought to myself, "It would be great if others could pray for StrictlyInkBlot/Sister Chiara, too. Perhaps they would if they were reminded."

I hope Sister Chiara felt all our prayers during her clothing.

28 minutes ago, Sr Mary Catharine OP said:

WOW, Iggy! You beat us to it! Doesn't she look like she was made to be in the habit! :-)

scm .jpg

She certainly does Sr Mary Catherine.  Many prayers for Sr Chiara Marie and all at Summit.

Sr Mary Catharine OP
3 hours ago, Francis Clare said:

Sister,

It was me, Francis Clare, who posted the name, etc.  You know what they say about the "early bird"?  Although I'd rather have a coffee and danish instead of a worm :))

Sorry! You're right! I will show this page to SCM! She is visiting her parents in the parlor. They are here from Dublin for the week!

IgnatiusofLoyola
1 hour ago, Sr Mary Catharine OP said:

Sorry! You're right! I will show this page to SCM! She is visiting her parents in the parlor. They are here from Dublin for the week!

Wow! That's great! I'm SO glad SCM's parents could come to her clothing. :dance3:

If it's appropriate, please give SCM a hug from me.  :buddies:

Strictlyinkblot

Hi everyone. Sr. Mary Catharine gave me permission to wave :clap:

I'm a little tired but very happy. Iggy, I'm sorry I haven't written to you lately. I will write soon. Thank you all so much for your prayers and for the support you all gave me while I was on the phorum.

God Bless

Sr. Chiara Marie

IgnatiusofLoyola
9 hours ago, Nunsuch said:

Shouldn't Sister Chiara Marie no longer be a "Chummy Commoner"? :hehe2: :nun2:

The decision was made not to give Phatmassers the "Religious" tag until they have made final vows.

But, certainly I'd say that a novice with the Summit Dominicans should qualify as Church Militant.

However, I doubt that Sister Chiara Marie will be logging into Phatmass anytime soon, so I wonder if she cares one way or another.

Dummy me, I should have read the earlier notes before saying I doubted that SCM would be logging into Phatmass anytime soon. However, I suspect this was a one-time thing. (But SO wonderful to hear from her!!!!!)