An Old School Catholic Message Board

Devo parlare in italiano con qualcuno

LittleWaySoul

5 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

French is better...

No language is better or worse than any other language. They can all be used equally well to express any human thought. Judgments about languages being good or bad are based on romantic or poetic or nationalistic notions that have nothing to do with the nature of language. 

Questions, boys and girls? 

LittleWaySoul
7 hours ago, Luigi said:

They can all be used equally well to express any human thought.

Actually I disagree with this. The nature of each individual language allows for different expression of thoughts. Some languages express certain things "better" and others express other things "better." Which is a good thing! When one's native language affects the way one thinks, one will see things differently. I was just discussing this with some friends actually. I think it's fascinating. 

But no, you're correct; I don't think any one language is better overall than any others. Though one can have a preference. ;) 

I see everyone has heeded my warnings and is now speaking American!

You're all a bit slow, but ya come around!!

Good on you.

CountrySteve21
22 hours ago, LittleWaySoul said:

First of all how dare you 

:smile2: 

19 hours ago, Luigi said:

No language is better or worse than any other language. They can all be used equally well to express any human thought. Judgments about languages being good or bad are based on romantic or poetic or nationalistic notions that have nothing to do with the nature of language. 

Questions, boys and girls? 

It appears I have been schooled