An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy 2-Month Anniversary, Vee!

dominicansoul

• 4 weeks later...
dominicansoul

Vee wrote me!

She said to thank you all for the prayer petitions.  She said as God responds to your prayers, she is happy that she played a small part in bringing those intentions before Him.  

She says she is doing well, and please continue to keep her in your prayers. 

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

Just wanted to mention today marks Vee's 4 month anniversary!!

She wrote me again!  She was able to stick a little note in the community's newsletter mailout.  So, when I received the newsletter, her little note was attached to it! :)

She is really doing very well and sounds extremely happy!  I probably won't hear from her again until next year, seeing that ADVENT is rolling around. 

She did mention that the weeks go by so fast... for me, it's felt like forever since I last saw her.  I'm so proud of my little sister...I hope and pray she continues to strive for God's will to be done and that she perseveres in this vocation.  <3

IgnatiusofLoyola
On 11/16/2016 at 0:49 PM, dominicansoul said:

Just wanted to mention today marks Vee's 4 month anniversary!!

She wrote me again!  She was able to stick a little note in the community's newsletter mailout.  So, when I received the newsletter, her little note was attached to it! :)

She is really doing very well and sounds extremely happy!  I probably won't hear from her again until next year, seeing that ADVENT is rolling around. 

She did mention that the weeks go by so fast... for me, it's felt like forever since I last saw her.  I'm so proud of my little sister...I hope and pray she continues to strive for God's will to be done and that she perseveres in this vocation.  <3

I hope Vee is allowed to receive Christmas cards. I have been looking for appropriate Christmas cards and it is very tough!

The secular cards are either inappropriate or don't contain the real message of the holiday.

The religious ones are often "twee"--lots of country churches with cardinals (the birds, not the sports team or the holy men) and other animals "living in peace."

I finally found some cards with a lovely red and green design with no religious significance, and no message inside, so that I can compose the appropriate message for the recipient. The combination of an atheist family and Catholic friends is tough sometimes.

Maybe if I write this note, this year I will actually SEND Christmas cards! :idontknow:

3 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

I hope Vee is allowed to receive Christmas cards. I have been looking for appropriate Christmas cards and it is very tough!

The secular cards are either inappropriate or don't contain the real message of the holiday.

The religious ones are often "twee"--lots of country churches with cardinals (the birds, not the sports team or the holy men) and other animals "living in peace."

I finally found some cards with a lovely red and green design with no religious significance, and no message inside, so that I can compose the appropriate message for the recipient. The combination of an atheist family and Catholic friends is tough sometimes.

Maybe if I write this note, this year I will actually SEND Christmas cards! :idontknow:

The Reno, Nevada, Carmel makes some lovely Christmas cards. They are not inexpensive, but they are very nice. 

http://www.carmelofreno.com/store/store.php

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's early (1.5 weeks to her five month anniversary!), but are there any updates from Vee?

Edited by Quasar

dominicansoul

I haven't heard from Vee or her Mother Superior since the last little note I found in my Carmelite newsletter sent in the middle of November.  

I suppose I won't be hearing anything from her until next year because convents don't write during Advent. 

And I do hope she is able to receive Christmas cards on Christmas day.  During Advent she does not receive her mail.  

From that last little letter I received from her, she seemed so happy and at peace.  I can't be sure, of course, but it seems to me that Vee has found her home on earth...

So glad to hear. There's been a lot of St. Therese stalking going on for me (the first time in awhile) and it made me think of Vee.