little2add

the most important things in life, for me has changed  

when i was 15: getting drunk was fun

when i was 25: finding a girl friend was my greatest desire 

when i was 30: it was getting married and starting a family 

when i was 55: seeing our children grow up and graduate from college 

when i was 65: taking care (spoiling) of my grandkids

what's important to you all?

The only thing really important to me doing the will of God in the present moment, following the commandments, recieving the Sacraments frequently. 

Edited by WhiteLily

The Top Ten

1.     God

2.     Love

3.     Family

4.     Music

5.     Health

6.     Friends (see

7.     Happiness

8.     Food and drinks

9.     Knowledge

10. Parents

Edited by little2add

When I was a kid: having fun

When I was a teenager: smiting my enemies. Bwahaha. 

When I was a young adult: smiting my enemies

Now (30 yrs old): I don't really know.  

I think that the most important thing in life is kindness. Religious or not, people should try and be more kind, especially to themselves. 

4 hours ago, little2add said:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 

10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

love

Again, I go back to empathy.  Loving others and yourself.    Just "love" could mean loving just yourself, things, those you know, or even making others so important that you diminish you own self esteem.  

I love a quiet sunset.   It's even better when I share it with my wife and I know she is enjoying it as well, even if she is chattering about something.   It's interdependent love. 

• 1 month later...

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women...?

No wait, that's what's best in life. I misread.