An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you think?

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sr Mary Catharine OP

We'll glue it on! :dance3:Seriously, it does stay in place. Well, for most Sisters! We have to make some adjustments still!

graciandelamadrededios
35 minutes ago, Sr Mary Catharine OP said:

Small group photo. As usual, I'm behind the camera! I like it there! :-)DSC_6217.JPG

the new headdress looks lovely, indeed, Sister!  I checked some photos of Italian Dominican Nuns and it looks like the ones they are wearing.  

Well, some said that wearing this type of headdress causes headaches and ear infections, hence, thy adopted the modified headdress.  What is your take on this?

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Just the opposite! Of course, we are wearing something that is softer on the face. But this is much more comfortable! We don't have the bandeau tied tight around our head and that DOES cause headaches!

graciandelamadrededios

Thanks, Sr. MC!

I wonder if the Cainta Nuns wears soft materials too.  The Bocaue Nuns wears the modified headress.  The heat here in the tropics is unbearable!  

Oh my gosh, this is SO much better. And now that you've changed it, I feel alright telling you that every time I looked at the former one, I couldn't help but think: foreskin.

Sorry. I don't mean to be vulgar. It's just... the Jew in me. :P 

SO glad I don't need to be thinking about brits every time I look at a nun's face now! LOL.

BTW: When I was hangin' with the Carthusians I found they had a linen headdress for Mass and communal prayer, but the rest of the time some of them chose to wear a headdress made out of old t-shirts. That thing looked COMFORTABLE. So light and cool and stretchy... :saint:

Edited by Gabriela

Gracian : Some people said that not because of these soft wimple, but because of more complicated wimples with hard materials :) 

Is it not hot in summer ? 

Sr Mary Catharine OP
11 hours ago, Gabriela said:

Oh my gosh, this is SO much better. And now that you've changed it, I feel alright telling you that every time I looked at the former one, I couldn't help but think: foreskin.

Sorry. I don't mean to be vulgar. It's just... the Jew in me. :P 

SO glad I don't need to be thinking about brits every time I look at a nun's face now! LOL.

BTW: When I was hangin' with the Carthusians I found they had a linen headdress for Mass and communal prayer, but the rest of the time some of them chose to wear a headdress made out of old t-shirts. That thing looked COMFORTABLE. So light and cool and stretchy... :saint:

You are to funny!

Yes, our new guimpe is a high quality sort of t shirt! (It's not made of  a T shirt, though.)The fabric is called modal. Very soft and cool and comfy! There are some issues with the front and hair showing but we'll work that out.

BTW, did you meet a certain nun last week at the preaching colloquium. I forgot to tell you she was coming!

IgnatiusofLoyola
2 hours ago, John Paul said:

On the sisters website theres more new pictures

Strange. I don't see any new pictures on the Summit Dominican Web site. I even tried refreshing the page.

Maybe on Facebook? I'm not a Facebook member so I wouldn't have seen any new pics there.

Sr Mary Catharine OP
10 minutes ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Strange. I don't see any new pictures on the Summit Dominican Web site. I even tried refreshing the page.

Maybe on Facebook? I'm not a Facebook member so I wouldn't have seen any new pics there.

Some of the headings for the different pages have been changed. Not all. We're getting there!