An Old School Catholic Message Board

Third orders and religious life

A Yearning Heart

Cool I'll just delete my account then. 

How do you delete your account?

There's no deactivation button

If everyone is going to be upset with me and offended then it's best I delete my account. I don't know how to do this. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it. 

I'm a trans-woman by the way so I have lots of stuff I'm struggling with. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I honestly just want to delete my account now but don't know how to do it. 

Thank you for your apology. :)

It's not possible to delete accounts. You don't have to post here if you don't feel comfortable doing so, but if you want to join in, you are welcome on Vocation Station providing you keep it kind.

Indwelling Trinity
On 10/24/2016 at 9:40 PM, A Yearning Heart said:

There are many third Orders. Generally speaking, my understanding of a third order is:-

-a way of helping to live out a person's baptismal promises

-members remain part of the lay faithful of the Church

-is not a form of religious consecration or vows

-members become part of the spiritual family they are connected with

-will often have other Order-specific characteristics

Often I have seen some who have take temporary promises as lay members of an order and then go on to become religious.

Historically, I have read of Saints who were lay members of different groups, but who made private promises of total self-giving to Christ (like St Catherine of Sienna). 

I'm wondering if being a member of a third order today (either temporary or professed for life) is compatible with a religious vocation later on? (or would that depend on the Order?)

Or would being a member of a third order be considered a part of discerning that one was not called to religious life? 

Good works in wonderful and mysterious ways! Never be surprised. Just find the miracle in  today! https://media.giphy.com/media/f4HpCDvF84oh2/giphy.gif https://media.giphy.com/media/otnqsqqzmsw7K/giphy.gif

Indwelling Trinity

Sorry for the typo. I meant to write "perfect" love of God. 

As for vocation and t the differences... For me they have mostly Melted  away. I had many vocations all of them valid.  Newspaper delivery, student, hamburger flipper at Burger King, cook, college freshman, Missionary of Charity,Physician Associate, floor washer,  Carmelite nun, Carmelite Hermit, Carmelite semi recluse with Multiple Sclerosis, mostly bedridden.  Who knows what God has in mind next! He may cure me or lay me down trusting in his merciful love that he will be there to greet me despite my many failings. It is not an easy thought the more God shows me the more I need his mercy. 

Yes at times I am assailed by fears. 

Living for God is my vocation. I spent so many years seeking God thinking I was truly seeking God alone. When I in reality I was seeking myself. My brothers and sisters Never dwell on the good you have done. Give it immediately to God. If you have nurtured a soul for him by his grace give that flower to him that he may first rejoice in the sweet perfume of a soul come back to him. I am going of topic now and I apologize. 

All I wished to say is that from the moment we are born we begin living our vocations let us not lose sight of  that yes we each have special  gifts but just because we have them does n not mean things will happen the way we want.

And  secondly beware of Satan. I say this with all seriousness, he is the father of lies and even in the holiest of topics he will try to find a way to bring discord. 

Please pray that I to may not be overcome.  Jesus Mercy. 

IT