An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Dateless Wonder Thread

tinytherese

CountrySteve21
8 hours ago, Not A Mallard said:

How's this for a dateless wonder story?:

This past semester, a date with a classmate went pretty well. However, as we were planning the second date via email, I realized that I didn't want to seriously date a non-Catholic. Thankfully, before I could express that, she said that she'd rather just be friends, and since that worked for me too, we sat next to each other for the rest of the semester. Sadly, as I tried to make the opportunity for us to become better friends after the semester passed, she decided that not even the friendship was working out and had us exchange goodbyes. While she seemed to have anxiety issues, I can only theorize the true reason she did this, and I like to think it's because I told her, a comic book movie fan, on our date, "I'm one of the few people who loves Spider-Man 3."

Don't you know that is against the bro code? You have to wait until your at least engaged to her.  

Not A Mallard
26 minutes ago, CountrySteve21 said:

Don't you know that is against the bro code? You have to wait until your at least engaged to her.  

giphy.gif

Not A Mallard
1 hour ago, BG45 said:

It's okay man, you're not alone in liking Spidey 3. But sorry things worked out how they did.

Thanks; I'm just glad I found a punchline through all of this.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:57 PM, Lamb said:

My mom goes through my yearbook to tell me which guys are cute *hint hint*. :|

My mom did same thing.

Awkward. 

On 1/18/2017 at 2:03 PM, Not A Mallard said:

Thanks; I'm just glad I found a punchline through all of this.

At least you were able to find the silver lining?  (Not necessarily much, but still a positive.)

On 1/23/2017 at 11:06 AM, Papist said:

My mom did same thing.

Awkward. 

Is that how you met Mrs. Papist?

One female friend the other night said if she's not married in a few years, we should do the thing to promise to do it.  The last person I did that with is married, I'm not. :P 

8 minutes ago, BG45 said:

At least you were able to find the silver lining?  (Not necessarily much, but still a positive.)

Is that how you met Mrs. Papist?

One female friend the other night said if she's not married in a few years, we should do the thing to promise to do it.  The last person I did that with is married, I'm not. :P 

Ha!  Glad to know you are alive BG.

10 hours ago, Papist said:

Ha!  Glad to know you are alive BG.

Thanks!  As with every election season on PM, went into lurker mode for the most part, because we all get so upset.  

10 hours ago, BG45 said:

Thanks!  As with every election season on PM, went into lurker mode for the most part, because we all get so upset.  

Don't be so xenophobic.  

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you all else had dates or didn't want to contemplate your singleness today, but I am extremely grateful for friends.