An Old School Catholic Message Board

Election Results & Comments

Anomaly

7 minutes ago, Peace said:

Bout to make America great again ya'll.

The overseas mission work I've been looking at is looking more and more appealing. I'd be out of the country before the inauguration! 

dominicansoul

Florida was called for trump.  Just listening to the liberal media  falling apart on themselves is entertaining... 

it aint over yet people.... 

I am floored. Completely floored. I was absolutely sure that Clinton had a lock on it. 

It's not over yet, but it looks like there could be a Republican president, House, and Senate. 

1 minute ago, Luigi said:

I am floored. Completely floored. I was absolutely sure that Clinton had a lock on it. 

It's not over yet, but it looks like there could be a Republican president, House, and Senate. 

Agreed.

According to our news in Australia, prior to the election many said they would leave the USA if Donald Trump won the Presidency.  We just heard, more or less, that the Canadian website has crashed.

I'm following the results of the election on our TV - live all day.  I think the world, not only the USA, just might be in the process of change in a major way.  Thank The Lord, I hold to the Doctrine of Divine Providence no matter personal nor world circumstances.  In Faith we win no matter what, although it may not be a cruising ride at all, rather a challenging one - perhaps in the extreme.

Should Donald Trump be President of the USA, my guess is possibly much is going to depend on which Donald Trump is President.  It might be one Donald one day, another Donald another day, and even another on another day.

Our Australian Foreign Minister, Julia Bishop, is making quite diplomatic, say nothing really, type of question answers to our media.  "Back peddling" is what one media commentator said re Ms Bishop at this point.

Result of election still a bit too close to (factually) call is one media comment here.

Everyone always says they will move to X if Y wins. It is melodramatic bluster. Also immigrating to Canada is not nearly as easy as Americans like to think. Lol.

By and large we do not really want them. :P

Edited by Nihil Obstat

55 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Everyone always says they will move to X if Y wins. It is melodramatic bluster. Also immigrating to Canada is not nearly as easy as Americans like to think. Lol.

By and large we do not really want them. :P

Yes, Canada has very restrictive immigration policies compared to the US.

I don't understand some people are proud that America is electing a rapist, a man who mocked disabled (something you stopped doing at 13 years old) people... I have no words. And the fact that people are supporting him HERE, a supposed "christian" forum is disgusting. You missed something in the Bible, you missed something the Cathechism of the Catholic Church, you missed something in the Pope teaching.