An Old School Catholic Message Board

Peace, Nihil, and Gabriela...

LittleWaySoul

LittleWaySoul
Just now, Nihil Obstat said:

I only pay attention to lifetime totals. ;)

And you could conceivably surpass @Lil Red there at some point; I haven't seen her around here in forever.

14 minutes ago, LittleWaySoul said:

...are all neck and neck in the prop ranking this week. @Nihil Obstat and @Peace switched places within the last hour or so. This is almost as intense a race as the election this week! :bananacorn:

Well if I am to lose to someone, it is only fitting that I should lose to the best.

I don't pay attention at all. I hadn't noticed. I just saw my name in the highlighted thread above all the phorums and thought, "Oh, great. I'm in trouble now."

Honestly, when I think those props probably came mostly or entirely from a bitter argument over abortion, I'd rather not have them.

16 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

I don't pay attention at all. I hadn't noticed. I just saw my name in the highlighted thread above all the phorums and thought, "Oh, great. I'm in trouble now."

Honestly, when I think those props probably came mostly or entirely from a bitter argument over abortion, I'd rather not have them.

tumblr_ndkl89N1Wc1r13fhoo3_500.gif

Just now, Nihil Obstat said:

tumblr_ndkl89N1Wc1r13fhoo3_500.gif

I don't know why you're handing me a bloody eyeball, Nihil, but... thanks?

;) 

33 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I intend to milk those props to the max when I can announce that my wife is expecting. :|

I've been wondering about that... Any news coming soon?

44 minutes ago, LittleWaySoul said:

And you could conceivably surpass @Lil Red there at some point; I haven't seen her around here in forever.

I hope she'll come back for the saint of the year drawing at Christmastime. But I think she's tired of that. We need someone else to do it... Everyone likes it so much.

LittleWaySoul
1 hour ago, Gabriela said:

I don't know why you're handing me a bloody eyeball, Nihil, but... thanks?

;) 

I've been wondering about that... Any news coming soon?

I hope she'll come back for the saint of the year drawing at Christmastime. But I think she's tired of that. We need someone else to do it... Everyone likes it so much.

Now there's one online I've been using. Not as personal, but it does the job. I got Bl. Fra Angelico this year! :heart: 

20 minutes ago, LittleWaySoul said:

Now there's one online I've been using. Not as personal, but it does the job. I got Bl. Fra Angelico this year! :heart: 

How extensive is its database of saints? Maybe we could use it instead of drawing paper out of a fish bowl to draw saints for pham this year? That way it's still personal for most people, and nobody knows we're using a website!

Dear phamily,

(I called you "dear" and "phamily".

Prop me.

Put me in the list.

Let's make Jack propped by everyone. Yes, we can!)

ROFL

7 hours ago, Jack4 said:

Dear phamily,

(I called you "dear" and "phamily".

Prop me.

Put me in the list.

Let's make Jack propped by everyone. Yes, we can!)

ROFL

My carefully-compiled statistics indicate that there are two reliable ways to receive many props from me. The most reliable way is to know me in real life. That gives a >50% chance that I will prop any given post of yours.

The next most reliable way is to be quite traditionalist without being obnoxious. Compare Bernard Fellay with Richard Williamson, or Michael Davies with Michael Voris. That will give you ~10% chance that any given post will be propped.

I do not yet have enough data points to draw reliable conclusions, but I highly suspect, ceteris paribus, that posting pictures and gifs from anime I like, or images of what I consider the most beautiful art every produced (i.e. academic art) will elicit props on 30-60% of posts which fall into that category.

6 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

My carefully-compiled statistics indicate .....

:twitch: 

I am marveled. You have an actuarial mindset. Are you in the mood to study and write a few exams?  :cool: :)