An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dubia Submitted to the Holy Father

Nihil Obstat

8 minutes ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

There is supposed to be a heretical pope according to the apparition of Our Lady of La Salette.  Pope Francis is not he.  You will know by his fruits.  

So Pope Francis is not as great as St. Benedict XVI the Great it doesn't mean he is the heretic.  Jesus said be more worried about being clean on the inside than out.

Also, just because he doesn't support the sedavacants doesn't mean it is he.  Indeed, it would imply the opposite.

Also, just because he's behind on his paperwork because he's out "being Christ" doesn't mean he's a heretic.

Please point out where I called Pope Francis an heretic. Go ahead, I will wait; point it out.

While you are looking, I will give everyone else here a juicy spoiler: you will not find it, because it is not there.

49 minutes ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

You will know by his fruits.

We should be careful while analyzing his fruits. God can bring out good even from evil. (though that doesn't justify the evil itself)

52 minutes ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

There is supposed to be a heretical pope according to the apparition of Our Lady of La Salette.  Pope Francis is not he.  You will know by his fruits.  

So Pope Francis is not as great as St. Benedict XVI the Great it doesn't mean he is the heretic.  Jesus said be more worried about being clean on the inside than out.

Also, just because he doesn't support the sedevacantists doesn't mean it is he.  Indeed, it would imply the opposite.

Also, just because he's behind on his paperwork because he's out "being Christ" doesn't mean he's a heretic.

Q1. Can you explain how the underlined sentences justify the paragraphs in which they occur?  

Q2. Which Pope supported sedevacantists? No, Pope Benedict didn't. SSPX are not sedevacantist. 

PS: We can bear Pope Francis' ambiguities and he "being behind on his paperwork". He is not the first Pope to be so.

The problem is that a footnote in AL might be heretic. 

"Being heretic" is not "being Christ", it is being against Christ and hating His Truth. 

Hence we should pray for the Pope, that he did love Christ. 

Edited by Jack4

<3 PopeFrancis
1 hour ago, Nihil Obstat said:

While you are looking, I will give everyone else here a juicy spoiler: you will not find it, because it is not there.

Ok  I don't actually have to read it

Please do not do that again. Accusing a pope of being a formal heretic is a Big Deal, and if I ever were to do so it would not be so casually.

Not to mention I would probably find myself banned from this site.

<3 PopeFrancis

@Jack4, you sound like a sweet lamb.  However, I'm really trying to be tolerant and I am actually having a good day.  The things you point out I already know, but I am really glad that you know it. The points I made were based on past discussions with Nihil before you came onto the forum.  I'm glad you are here, you bring a fresh perspective to the average college age posters and are knowledgeable about the ways of Christ.  

Just now, Nihil Obstat said:

Please do not do that again. Accusing a pope of being a formal heretic is a Big Deal, and if I ever were to do so it would not be so casually.

Yeah I'm glad.  It's a big deal to me, too.

21 hours ago, Peace said:

But seriously, who even knew what a dubia was? We are all using the word like we didn't just learn it for the first time two days ago.

Yeah, I first thought it was referring to the 43rd US president.

18 hours ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

@Jack4, you sound like a sweet lamb... I am really glad that you know [the things you point out]. ...  I'm glad you are here, you bring a fresh perspective to the average college age posters and are knowledgeable about the ways of Christ.  

Thank you!                    . :flowers:  :dance5: 

However, I'm really trying to be tolerant and I am actually having a good day.

If I might say so,... well... I respectfully disagree. There is a difference between the tones of your "wat" post and this one which I quote. 

Also, if I might say so,... well... γνῶθι σεαυτὸν

:flowers::cheers2:

<3 PopeFrancis

My tolerance has reached it's limit.  It is time to put virtue of moderation in effect.

Good-bye.

To @Nihil Obstat:  Though clever written, the implications of your Dubia (whatever that is) are clear.

12 minutes ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

My tolerance has reached it's limit.  It is time to put virtue of moderation in effect.

Good-bye.

To @Nihil Obstat:  Though clever written, the implications of your Dubia (whatever that is) are clear.

I am flattered, but it is my sad duty to inform you that I am not Cardinals Burke, Brandmuller, Caffarra, or Meisner. They are, in fact, their dubia. I have also heard reports that other cardinals and bishops were involved, but did not wish to make their names public.

@<3 PopeFrancis

if  you are reading this, can you explain your comments re: 

Popes and fruits 

Popes and being clean on the inside 

Popes and sedevacantists.

Edited by Jack4

On 11/16/2016 at 1:00 AM, Peace said:

But seriously, who even knew what a dubia was? We are all using the word like we didn't just learn it for the first time two days ago.

*quietly raises hand.* 

I also have a masters in theology, and have done a lot of study on early 20th century neo-Thomism, when this word was thrown around quite a bit.

PhuturePriest

So, after cancelling his meeting with cardinals (of which there is precedent for), Pope Francis proceeded to have an interview with a paper about the Dubia and decried legalism.

I love the Holy Father, but unless anyone can provide a solid insight or missing factor, I'm afraid this is just petty. The cardinals were simply asking for a clarification. There's no need to humiliate them in a paper and essentially call them pharisees after you've refused to speak with them.