An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anglican Ordinariate

BarbTherese

I have met the Anglican Ordinariate priest and really like him.  I have been to a couple of his Masses and they are extremely reverent.  Can a Latin rite Catholic fulfill Sunday obligations at an Ordinariate Mass as well as regularly attend Confession?  I have my own Confessor, the question is for info only.  In other words, can we fully participate in the Anglican Ordinariate without actually transferring - and could one transfer validly?

Yes to all your questions regarding participation, however, a Catholic cannot simply transfer and become a member of the Ordinariate. Their membership guidelines state: 

To belong to the Personal Ordinariate, a person or family must be eligible. A person is eligible for membership if they, their spouse, or any member of their family is or ever has been Anglican, Episcopalian, Methodist, or AME. This applies even if the person or their spouse has already become a Roman Catholic. Catholics who are reconciled to the Church and those Catholics who will be completing their sacraments of initiation in an Ordinariate community are also eligible for membership. 

I believe I am, by these standards, eligible to join. Unfortunately, the closest Ordinariate community is several hours away in another state.