An Old School Catholic Message Board

For those who defend Trump

Ice_nine

2 hours ago, Era Might said:

Of course it is. Jesus founded the NRA. "He who lives by the semi-automatic rifle dies a quiet peaceful death in his home." It's right there in the Bible.

That's the NRA version, the one that fell out of the sky for the kingdom of America. 

9 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

That's the NRA version, the one that fell out of the sky for the kingdom of America. 

Long Live Utah!

107coversmall.gif

On 12/10/2017 at 3:25 PM, havok579257 said:

do you advocate the same idea for rape,child molestation, murder,sexual abuse,assault?  I mean whats the difference between these and abortion when it comes to your point.  You say we we shouldn't make it illegal, we should work on changing hearts and minds and make people not want to have abortions.  So if your being consistant you should have the same views about all these things I mentioned above.  If your not advocating making murder, rape, child molestation, sexual abuse and assault not be made illegal and just trying to change hearts and minds, why are you contradicting yourself?  Why is one thing ok to be made illegal but not another?

I didn't say that abortion should not be made illegal. Are rape, child molestation, murder, sexual abuse, assault, unthinkable for people of goodwill? Yes, and abortions should be made unthinkable as well.

• 2 months later...
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Has there ever been a practising catholic that isn't overly liberal that has ever been president of the u.s.a? Even a catholic whatever wing or lack of? Perhaps the u.s will remain in bondage to satanists until she dedicates the majority of her spare time to charity in prayer, time and money to others and less entertainment, alcohol and sports. Idk <shrugs> Australia's heading this way too unfortunately, secular Christians that do the bear minimum for god and others in there spare time or leave the church and have a personal relationship with Christ without the communion/community of living saints. I'm not to judge or condemn but sick society = sick government, we've been caught off guard and perhaps still reeling from the after effects of the absolute terror of ww1 and 2, but we must try harder then ever to be good catholics inline with the teachings of Christ and his apostles, and pray, pray, and pray again for christian morals to be the prime ordinary way to be in the west.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GreenScapularedHuman

I think one's opinion of Trump is directly related to if you listen to the right-wing media ecosystem that has developed or not.

Trump for me is a tyrant with narcissistic and anti-social personality disorder tendencies, possibly with some cognitive challenges... but I think more importantly he is a unrepentant unrelenting and unabashed pathological liar. He is grossly unqualified for the office that he holds both in experience and in basic understanding of how the office he uses works, as is cited by far too many even on the political right like those who served in the Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush administrations. Considering the mounting evidence of obstruction of justice, which he basically confessed to on national television saying he fired FBI director James Comey knowing that it was not a good idea, knowing it was a bad time, that his decision was made before any other report or advise was made, and that it was very directly related to Comey not swearing his allegiance, not clearing Trump, and not ending the investigation (which is also an admission he exerted illegal pressure on the FBI director before firing him)....

The threads that keep connecting to Kremlin backed organizations, oligarchs,  and operatives to the Trump organization, campaign, and administration is extremely disturbing... moreover considering Trump's refusal to ever criticize Putin... and his reluctance to enact sanctions on Russia even those mandated by Congress even attempting to relax sanctions on Russia. The fact that Trump's campaign and election hailed the United States for the first time in the history of the world democracy index being demoted from a 'full democracy' to a 'flawed democracy'. The fact that Trump's policies have substantially weakened America's role and presence in the world in the opinion of everyone except the Trump base. The trade war Trump keeps pushing on despite the profound risks to American markets and consumers. The pushing of a wall that he expects Congress to pay for despite promising it would be paid for by Mexico, not even going into how absurd the promise of a wall is... Saying North Korea took good care of their American hostages and thanked them for it, then insanely blamed Obama for failing to get their release despite most of the detainees released were captured under Trump not Obama...

Could go on and on and on... Most of the comparisons to Obama and others I consider to be red herrings, specifically 'whataboutisms', and not worthy of consideration... a lot of time could be spent chasing down rabbit holes the red herrings trying to explain how they are factually incorrect... and I am just not convinced Trump supporters are willing to either see evidence that is contrary to Trump's rantings and/or to care about evidence that is contrary to Trump's rantings...

But I will make a minor little point... the Special Counsel Muller, a career FBI agent/prosecutor, well respected life-long Republican, appointed by a Republican... James Comey who is also a respected career FBI agent and well respected life-long Republican... are telling us that Trump is basically like a mob boss... literally 'the Don'. Its amazing how willingly and blindly Trump ardent supporters are going to attack and undermine the fair rule of law and the justice department even before any report has been made by Muller, despite no evidence of wrong doing by Muller or Comey (as of yet, despite repeated claims and investigations to date by Congress and Inspectors General).... and more importantly ignoring that there have been repeated indictments and convictions secured in the Muller investigation linked to the obstruction of justice and more specifically to the Kremlin collusion scandal. Michael Flynn who plead guilty to a lesser-included-offense of lying to the FBI about failing to register as and being a foreign agent namely of Turkey and the Kremlin even while he was Trump's national security advisor and even after the FBI/CIA/Obama cautioned Trump about Michael Flynn even on national television when Trump sat down with Obama in the oval office.

So two to four years of Republican spearheaded investigations into Clinton and Obama... nada...

About a year into Trump... ~20 indictments and/or convictions... and very likely a lot more to come...

How anyone can defend Trump I think is a very strong indication that the base of the forever-trumpers are just unwilling to care and/or unwilling to be swayed by facts/evidence/reason/experts... What that means for American democracy is obvious... its dying... just see the world democracy index. What it means for American influence in the world, it means a weaker America. For what it means for American trade it means less trade. What it means for world security it means an Iran that may be uncoupled from a deal and may begin their quest to seek nuclear weapons right now (if not already) and a North Korea that is inceasingly taking advantage of Trump's desperation for a legacy moment....

For Trump saying he is running on 'rule of law'... it looks to me to be 'rule of Trump'. Trump's constant and disturbing and repeated comments saying he wants to be President for life and that he wants to have at least four terms as President should be red flags... but his base just laughs it off... rolls their eyes... and wonders why everyone can't adore Trump unquestionably like they do.

As someone who goes around the world... the world hates Trump... a lot... and the world is very angry at America for allowing him to be President. This is also reflected in international pollings. Trump is also one of the least favorable/most unfavorable President in modern United States history... his supporters celebrate numbers that for any other President would be cringe worthy and a shame.

To watch it happen is to wonder how anyone could defend Trump... it makes me wonder how anyone could defend Trump when to Trump everyone is expendable, the only man who matters is him, and everyone is fodder in his game to further enrich himself. How anyone could believe otherwise is also kinda strange... he basically spells that out in the Art of the Deal....

TLDR: I think one's opinion of Trump is directly related to if you listen to the right-wing media ecosystem that has developed or not.

little2add

E

Jimmy Carter: Trump Has a Shot At a Nobel Prize

President Jimmy Carter believes that under Trump, democracy is threatened and moral leadership is lacking. But if Korea goes well, he says there could be a Nobel Prize in Trump’s future.

That’s a good thing , isn’t it?

GreenScapularedHuman

Without giving even the illusion of validation to the stalker of the previous post...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-01/donald-trump-has-again-been-nominated-for-a-peace-prize.-could-/9713574

To put it very simply Kim Jong Un has a far better chance at a Nobel Laureate than Trump who is considered to never ever be considered for it. As the chair of the committee responsible for the Nobel prize said: https://medium.com/@allanishac/nobel-peace-prize-committee-says-no-f-king-way-to-trump-receiving-award-c83f11511c82

The whole peace prize narrative of Trump is a really good example of Trump's delusional narcissism... North Korea has reneged on every agreement they have ever made for more than... since before the Korean war. Moreover with the United States. You get that North Korea teaches their children math in the form of 'if you kill one american and kill two more, how many dead americans do you have?'

The mere idea that Trump, a man who can't even get Mexico to pay for his absurdly dumb wall, can get North Korea to come to task nonetheless do what he wants... to call it delusional narcissism is kinda offensive to those who suffer delusion and/or narcissism.

Edited by GreenScapularedHuman

If President Trump's meeting with Kim Jong Un goes ahead, I would be very suspicious of any apparent good outcome.  It is reminiscent to me of Chamberlain's meeting with Hitler and the Munich Pact which proved to be worthless.   

I am an Aussie.  I am not fond of Trump for integrity, same goes for Kim Jong Un.

Be that as it may, I would love to be totally surprised and very wrong - so that all went very well at the proposed meeting, which then proved to be well into the future for the Korean Peninsula and the entire world.

Trump is certainly a flawed creature like the rest of us but if he was able to negotiate Peace on the Korean Peninsula and a Peace that lasted, then I would think we should look past his flawed nature to what he has with God's Help achieved and a possible Nobel Peace Prize. 

Gold is wherever it is found.  And true Peace on the Korean Peninsula is gold.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I recall when a strongly held Labour seat here in South Australia years ago was lost to the Liberals. I was in a queue in the area and where politics was being hotly discussed.  One guy commented "Not my fault, I voted Labour".  I commented "We all desire and choose to live in a democracy, so we are all at fault".

"We get the leaders we deserve" and my Mum used to say "the country is run by fools and clowns".

Edited by BarbaraTherese

GreenScapularedHuman
11 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Trump is certainly a flawed creature like the rest of us but if he was able to negotiate Peace on the Korean Peninsula and a Peace that lasted, then I would think we should look past his flawed nature to what he has with God's Help achieved and a possible Nobel Peace Prize.

The Korean peninsula has had peace since 1953...

How can Trump take credit for something he had nothing to do with? Because hes a LIAR.

And lets be a little but more apt... North Korea and South Korea's efforts to smooth relations has been the very long and very extensive work of South Korea since before 1953. For Trump to take any responsibility for that makes Trump a LIAR. Because Trump IS A LIAR.

little2add
52 minutes ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

The Korean peninsula has been in a continuous state of war since 1910

Fixed it

BTY: Japanese colonial rule (1910-1945) was a deeply ambivalent experience for Koreans. On the one hand, Japanese colonialism was often quite harsh. For the first ten years Japan ruled directly through the military, and any Korean dissent was ruthlessly crushed.

Trump did not  create the war with North Korea.  

59 minutes ago, GreenScapularedHuman said:

How can Trump take credit for something he had nothing to do with? Because hes a LIAR.

No one has taken credit yet,  if a peace can be made it would be a wonderful and a clear victory for the US and the free world.

GreenScapularedHuman

In light of this I accept this as a full forfeiture. As you have at no point seemed to make any substantial effort or progress to doing just this. I have been far more than generous, patient, and charitable during this process tolerating your poor malbehavior and malattitudes than I think I should of all things considered. There is no purpose to continuing this non-discussion as I do not believe you have the will or ability to benefit from it nonetheless honestly engage in it.

And since you have a strong propensity to quote from, without actually sourcing in many cases, articles from sites that are highly questionable, and in those cases where you cite from a less questionable source you ignore/reject portions of those articles that you do not feel imminently serves your purposes. As such I additionally conclude you are extraordinarily biased, unable and unwilling, to arrive at any conclusion that you do not already regard.

Littleadd, if you want to lie (be grossly wrong) and say that there has been (or is still) a war on the Korean peninsula that is your choice, but it is unquestionably a lie.

And if you want to continue stalking and/or trying to engage with me despite your creepiness and cyberbullying from before you should know that if/when I notice obvious violations of the community guidelines here I will start to report them.

To literally lie about what I wrote... within a quote box... shows how extremely deceptive and anti-social you are. In front of everyone no less... It makes me wonder if you are even capable of having a sensible and intelligible conversation.

Which is a perfect example of why the United States was demoted on the world democracy index... and why America's ratings on all progress indicators because there is no respect for reality, facts, rule of law, justice, democracy... among other things... Littleadd, your willingness to lie for Trump and to lie about this conversation is extremely telling to me about the kind of character and integrity that you (to be very clear) do not have.