An Old School Catholic Message Board

Settlers of Catan

dUSt

In my attempt to bring board game night back to my family household, I have discovered a new obsession. Who else plays this? It's amazing.

Catan-5th-ed-board.jpg

5 hours ago, dUSt said:

In my attempt to bring board game night back to my family household, I have discovered a new obsession. Who else plays this? It's amazing.

Catan-5th-ed-board.jpg

You're only just discovering Catan? Where have you been? 

Yeah, it's a bunch of fun. I've always preferred Risk myself, but I'm not a big board game guy. My younger brother is though (proud member of THE Ohio State board game club) so board games are, I suppose, more on my radar than most people. 

Not for nothing, but Catan is old news.  Like 10 years?  Euro gaming is really hip here...but again that's the Seattle influence.

30 minutes ago, hotpink said:

Not for nothing, but Catan is old news.  Like 10 years?  Euro gaming is really hip here...but again that's the Seattle influence.

At least ten, yeah. Probably longer even. I started playing with my family around 2004.

Playing it tonight at a Philosophy prof's house.  He's such a nice guy...until we play Catan.  Then suddenly he becomes the Lumber Baron of Doom and goes for the port for easy wood trading.  I have no room to talk, I completely cornered the sheep market a few games ago...