An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady of Solitude - Arizona

Feankie

Sr. John-Mark Maria will make her perpetual vows as a PCPA next week at Our Lady of Solitude Monastery outside of Phoenix. You may remember the nuns as the "Phoenix Five" who left OLAM a few years back with the blessing of the late Mother Angelica (R.I.P.) to make a new foundation.  Out of the 5 that went out there, there are 3 remaining (Mother Marie Andre', Sr. Fidelis, and Sr. St. John who is Mother's blood sister).  So now there will be 3 solemn professed and one perpetually professed as an Extern.

Gee...I remember when she was a novice back then!!! I wrote to her a few years ago...and she wrote me back! ;)

I was hoping Sr. John Mark would persevere! 

Thank you FC for letting us know!!

Sr John Mark Maria was professed on Dec. 12th, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  You can see pics and read their blog at desertnuns.com

She was a beautiful bride!

5 hours ago, Francis Clare said:

Sr John Mark Maria was professed on Dec. 12th, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  You can see pics and read their blog at desertnuns.com

She was a beautiful bride!

Thanks for posting this reminder - what beautiful pictures!

On 12/8/2016 at 3:06 PM, Francis Clare said:

Sr. John-Mark Maria will make her perpetual vows as a PCPA next week at Our Lady of Solitude Monastery outside of Phoenix. You may remember the nuns as the "Phoenix Five" who left OLAM a few years back with the blessing of the late Mother Angelica (R.I.P.) to make a new foundation.  Out of the 5 that went out there, there are 3 remaining (Mother Marie Andre', Sr. Fidelis, and Sr. St. John who is Mother's blood sister).  So now there will be 3 solemn professed and one perpetually professed as an Extern.

Just a small correction. Sr. St. John is still in Hanceville. Her blood sister was an OLAM extern who was one of the Phoenix Phive, but later returned to the lay state. Mother Marie Andre's blood-sister, still at OLS, is Sr. St. Paul.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I saw what appears to be an updated photo of the Hanceville nuns on their website.  Sr. Mary Agnes is noticeably missing from the picture.  Is she no longer with the community?