An Old School Catholic Message Board

The chat room

Jack4

CountrySteve21

To seriously answer your question, I have no idea why the chat room is not used anymore. I remember when I first discovered this site the chat room always had people in it.  I think phatmass must have lost a lot of people, perhaps they all joined religious orders :idontknow:

15 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

I think phatmass must have lost a lot of people, perhaps they all joined religious orders :idontknow:

Or we left The Church.  *cough*

On 12/13/2016 at 11:58 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

How sad.

I thought you were a dude this whole time.

I'm pretty sure he was. I remember him writing a thread here about gender identity issues.

@penguin31 as you might expect I'm sad you left the church, but I hope you stick around here for a bit. 

CountrySteve21
On 12/13/2016 at 11:11 PM, penguin31 said:

Or we left The Church.  *cough*

I'm sorry to hear. Would you like to discuss your reasons for leaving in the chat room some time? 

On 12/15/2016 at 3:21 PM, Ice_nine said:

I'm pretty sure he was. I remember him writing a thread here about gender identity issues

@penguin31 as you might expect I'm sad you left the church, but I hope you stick around here for a bit. 

Yup, and you can see how that wound up resolving out. Altho tbh after transition, I became more outgoing and social, got a fantastic new job, got a major promotion and raise in the same year, found a faith community that fits where I'm at spiritually and culturally and as a person, the two major changes actually were able to answer several of the lingering questions of my life, my family and I get alone fairly well (mom about the same, dad better than ever, same with grandparents)...I think gender transition is a path that far too many people take, and take too easily, and it is not for everyone - but for me and I can only answer for myself here, I live a fairly content, productive, and happy life at the moment, far more than I did when I was a regular here at one point in the past 2-7 years ago, and I genuinely consider it to be a fantastic blessing in my life. Because for the first time in years, I actually have my stuff together mentally. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, franciscanheart said:

I wonder how many old phatmassers have left the Church.

I think on that a lot.  I know of at least a half dozen Catholics who used to post here and have left the Church.  I had misgivings about recommending this site to teens when I taught confirmation classes.   I still strongly discourage my wife from visiting here, she's still Catholic.  I know of others that PM was a very positive Faith experience.  I guess it was dependent on your personal life experiences.  PM is certainly not the vibrant site it was 15 years ago.  

CountrySteve21
4 hours ago, Anomaly said:

I think on that a lot.  I know of at least a half dozen Catholics who used to post here and have left the Church.  I had misgivings about recommending this site to teens when I taught confirmation classes.   I still strongly discourage my wife from visiting here, she's still Catholic.  I know of others that PM was a very positive Faith experience.  I guess it was dependent on your personal life experiences.  PM is certainly not the vibrant site it was 15 years ago.  

Dang, the site is that old?