An Old School Catholic Message Board

Work and school

AveMariaPurissima

AveMariaPurissima

I am looking for a job, so I would appreciate prayers for success in that.  I'm having a hard time finding suitable positions to apply for, and it's a little discouraging.  I do have an interview scheduled for later this week, but if that one doesn't work out, I'm not sure what I'll do...

I'm also looking into working on my bachelor's.  The transfer process (I just finished my associate's at a community college) is overwhelming, and I don't really know what I'm doing so I'm just trying to research and figure it out as I go along.  I've started filling out the application for the school I'm most interested in, but I have just under a month to complete and submit the app before the deadline.  I'm concerned especially about the essays and having to write top-notch essays in such a short amount of time.  I also haven't really talked to my family about my plans.  I don't think they'll be too keen on the whole idea, especially because the school is too far away to commute, so I'd have to live there.  (It's kind of nerve-wracking to me too, but I feel strongly about pursuing this path.) I know I'm an adult, but I have a hard time feeling like I have autonomy to make decisions like this.  I'd like to start this fall, preferably, which also presents another difficulty in my job search: how can I find a good job when I only expect to be available for 6-8 months?  Suffice to say, I would appreciate prayers for this whole situation.

(And if I could be so bold as to add one more petition...I've been struggling with chastity lately and I would appreciate prayers for that as well.)

Thank you!