An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investigation into Sisters Minor of Mary Immaculate (SMMI)

Saint Lemon

Yesenia E Salamanca

DO you know any Spanish religious communities of perpetual adoration? I do know English, but I prefer a Spanish community. BY the way, I did visit other communities but they don't practice any more perpetual adoration due to the lack of vocations. 

Yesenia E Salamanca

I do have one! His name is Father Pedro E Amezcua who's a founder is his uncle. I will clarify to him about the issues with the TM. My mom does worries about me since there have been abuses in the church. By the way, I will talk to him on Jan 8th.

Yesenia E Salamanca

Since my childhood, I always visited the blessed sacrament. Thanks to that my mom had her conversion. I have been having that devotion. Many saints, like St Paul of the Cross, had signs about being a priest and a great preacher of the passion of Jesus. He was the founder of the Passionists. 

Yesenia E Salamanca

I agree every religious order is beautiful. Like St Therese says if every flower were to be a rose, nature would lose its beauty. To tell you the truth I really feel attracted to perpetual adoration but that the order is not relaxed. Meaning that they do penance. Some sisters who live in an atmosphere of perpetual adoration don't really practice at least penance since they have to be up at night.  

Yesenia E Salamanca

Just to let you know I am kind of worry and my conscience even tells me I believe without a doubt that I read that some abuses did occur within the TM. I did visit the Sisters of Perpetual Adoration located in SF, CA but they don't have perpetual adoration any longer due to the lack of religious sisters. I visited the Brigintines in Tijuana, the Servants of Mary Ministers of the Sick, and the Poor Clares COlettines in Santa Barbara. The thing is that my previous spiritual director did tell me not to visit no more religious orders. Now, that spiritual director is no longer guiding me since he left to the missions. I have another spiritual director the one that I mentioned and he knows that my spiritual director's advise. Therefore I will tell him about the situation and see what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
Yesenia E Salamanca
On 12/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, Elizabetta said:

The order is completely dissolved with all members suffering from the past abuse caused by the order. Patrizi still hold spiritual conferences and makes her living that way she has a small following. That is all I know the order was completely disbanded in 2014. That is all I know. 

Why don't the members of that order that existed make a new one?

Ash Wednesday

I've had some requests sent in to "change the topic" title. Each thread stays on a certain topic, users should keep the discussion on topic and the thread title is not supposed to be changed just because people want to change the discussion in the thread. If you want a different topic related to this to be discussed, you need to start a new thread. Thanks.

Ash Wednesday
On 1/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, Elizabetta said:

Ok somebody asked me to put in another thread but I don’t know how 

Sorry for the delay on answering this -- if you go to the main phorum, there should be a green button that says "start new topic" (see attached). 

If there's an issue and you're restricted from seeing or using the new thread option, it might be due to being a new user and having a low post count.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-18-at-11.09.36.jpg

To keep this on topic, the investigation is ongoing with the stories of survivors being in alignment in terms of narrative os abuse.  If anyone knows of anyone else who was involved in this order or was affected by it in any way, please PM me and I will reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:21 PM, Saint Lemon said:

Yes there are. Quite a but, actually. Please PM me for more details. And God bless.

More and more people have been coming forward and a great deal has been documented and found out. The horrors were beyond language, so vile. All documentation and testimony shows it was run like a cult, not an order. Please PM me for more details. Know you were not alone. 

Please email me all pertinent documentation. I was a brother for 7 years in the order. Corimports@gmail.com 

pax