An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Every Naked Person I See Turns Me On"

9 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Barbara, the painting is called Chloe, and the artist is Jules Joseph Lefebvre, a French academic painter who studied under Bouguereau (Catholic, by the way, devout). It is a very famous painting, on permanent display in the Young and Jackson Hotel in Melbourne. I would encourage you to take a look for yourself. It is a tragedy when puritanism prevents people from seeing such masterpieces.

Yeah, I know the painting thanks, Nihil :) - I just didn't know what was posted in this thread that dUSt removed i.e. an actual image or just a link.   Chloe is indeed an exceptional and outstanding artistic masterpiece and it is a beautiful image of a young and beautiful woman, proportioned perfectly almost  - I would not personally post it into Phatmass however........for one.

I do agree with @Anomaly       

Comment:   I am absolutely not any sort of prude or puritan type.........no jolly way.  Too old and travelled too far with too many memories, almost as many Confessions.

Deo Gratius

Laudate Dominum

.........and on we all go..............

9 hours ago, Josh said:

If there's no God and everything is all just random chance and we are just one of an infinite amount of universe's who had the right random laws of physics so stars could form and the universe could expand (they wouldn't be able to in he other unoverses) then nothing matters. Absolutely Nothing. Murder,rape,ect. It's all meaningless. There's no wrong or anything trivial for certian audience's. Especially stupid jokes and nude art on a Catholic website. The universe is billions of years old. If there's no God your 80 years here has no meaning whatsoever. Do anything you want and post whatever you want and have no regard for any person you encounter in the slightest. That's only if you're 110 percent sure there's no God. Because if there is then you're going to have hell to pay for infinite if you live life that way. I'm guessing that's why a lot of so called atheist (more like agnostics in reality) try to live decent lives and treat people with love and respect. Because 1.) God wrote it on their heart to live that way. And 2.) If there is a loving God actions matter and we will have to give an account for them when we die.

LOL.  These things won't matter to me personally after I'm dead.  However, they matter to me and others i know now.  The type of society that i, and those I live or care for matter now because they mattered to people who lived before me.  I'd like to live peacefully and harmoniously now. I'd like my wife, children, others to live happily and peaceful after I'm gone.  I'm not a sociopath without empathy.    I just don't count on a reward in the afterlife as the sole reason to behave a certain way now.  As you well know, what we do now does affect other people's lives.  If you don't care about others at all, you are still subject to being affected by others unless you live as a hermit in a remote island.   We are social creatures and as individuals, our "now" happiness is dependent on our symbiotic relationships with others  

Moral principles aren't just arbitrary rules decreed by a Divine Being.  There are a number of competing faiths in Divine Beings and moral decrees.  Human intelligence is also needed, to differentiate between blind Faith and mindless Faith. 

Why wouldn't I like for my kids, relatives, friends, and others to have a happy, healthy framework and attitude for interpersonal and sexual relationships like I have enjoyed?  

Treat others as you would like to be treated makes sense in many levels, not solely by Divine Decree. 

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I think having nude underage girls on your shower curtains is weird, no matter how artistic it is. Sorry.

2 hours ago, dUSt said:

Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I think having nude underage girls on your shower curtains is weird, no matter how artistic it is. Sorry.

I like fine art. I do not apologize for that. You are entitled to your opinions.

3 hours ago, dUSt said:

One can't have too much tasteful art.   But full size nudes on shower curtains does seem a little gauche but its not as if it's the design on a Hawaiian shirt worn to your niece's 8th grade dance party....  :ohno:

8 hours ago, Anomaly said:

One can't have too much tasteful art.   But full size nudes on shower curtains does seem a little gauche but its not as if it's the design on a Hawaiian shirt worn to your niece's 8th grade dance party....  :ohno:

I like to think of it as tastefully kitsch. 

On 1/17/2017 at 6:37 PM, Josh said:

That night in Hawaii, Astronmer Faber declared that there were only two possible explanations for fine-tuning. “One is that there is a God and that God made it that way,” she said. But for Faber, an atheist, divine intervention is not the answer.

“The only other approach that makes any sense is to argue that there really is an infinite, or a very big, ensemble of universes out there and we are in one,” she said.

http://www.discovery.org/a/91

received_365492083812694.jpeg

Josh,

Whether you and I are connected in a cosmic spiritual God in eternity level may matter to you, but it doesn't matter to me.  However, we do share this moment of existence in this particular universe.   Even if Earth, you and I, are just two of trillions of entities that may, do, will, or have existed, and regardless if we matter to anyone a week or century from now, we do matter to the world and society and each other right now.  I appreciate your care and interest, and wish you to know I wish you well, now, and for any conceivable future.  May we both continue to live and behave with sincere good will towards each other, regardless if we have different reasons and motives to do so. 

It would be so much more convenient for atheists if this major scientific discovery wasn't recently discovered. (It's basically still brand new news) Becuase now even science says its God or an infinite amount of universe's. It's science saying we have no idea about consciousness and will never have a final theory of everything. And even if it's a random universe generator to explain the physical laws you have big issues with the universe generator not being fine tuned itself so it can pop out all of these universe's. Atheists basically at this point are burying their heads in the sand and plugging their ears. You don't strike me as militant (at least not on here) so you're not the biggest fish I'm out to fry. But you're still on my radar. You are banking on God letting you into purgatory if He exist even though you profess atheism (at least right now) We both know if we're going by the traditional stance you go to hell for eternity if you die in this state. No hope of purgatory. I think it's easy to sorta shrug off hell with disbelief that the afterlife isn't real and its impossible with a human mind to contemplate having a body and literally being in hell for all of eternity. Yet if it's real then we could end up there. As a believer I find myself in the same dilemma often times with mortal sin. I'm relying on God (if he's real) to always let me into Purgatory and never let me end up in hell. It's a battle to confess every single grave/mortal sin every single time. At my age now I dont mind going to Mass every week and the days of obligation. But the Confession part is tough. What I can't do is just give completely in and cross my fingers that if God is real he will let me into purgatory despite grave/mortal sins. Being an atheist/agnostic is doing this. Granted a loving atheist is in way better shape than a hateful one. But you're still at the end of the day crossing your fingers God won't let you end up in hell if he exist. That's a really big gamble. Of course you have atheists who really do hate God if he exist and want nothing to do with Him. But a big share are more likely agnostics deep at heart and want to be with an all loving God if he does truly exist. So when you say "Whether you and I are connected in a cosmic spiritual God in eternity level may matter to you, but it doesn't matter to me." I have to object to that. It's not acceptable. Especially claiming it and atheitism boldly on a Catholic website. Especially when you have science staring you right in the face stating it looks like a Creator is a very valid explanation for existence. Let alone what the Church and Jesus and the Saints have proclaimed for the last 2000+ years. Atheitism/Agnosticism is the easy way out. Especially when it's done with your head in the sand and ears plugged with your fingers crossed that IF God is real he will let you into purgatory. I have a problem with that. And will combat it as long as I'm here.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Josh said:

Especially claiming it and atheitism boldly on... Atheitism/Agnosticism is the easy way out. 

*atheism

Edited by Guest