An Old School Catholic Message Board

Results from Balance and Hearing Tests

OnlySunshine

I had some testing done through the audiologist who works in my ENT doctor's office for both balance and hearing.  I've been having a lot of problems with dizziness/vertigo lately as well as fluctuating hearing loss, feelings of fullness/pressure in ears, and tinnitus.  The hearing test revealed that I am losing high-frequency hearing in both ears and the audiologist asked if the tinnitus was high pitched, which it is.  We also did a series of tests that measure eye movements to see how the vertigo is affecting me.  I won't get the results of the test for another 2-3 weeks because my follow-up isn't scheduled until after my tonsillectomy next week.  Please say some prayers that the tests reveal that the vertigo is easily treatable.  My worry is that I have the same thing my aunt has - Meniere's disease - which is not easily treated and highly controversial.  My doctor said it could be neurological as well - migraines or an acoustic neuroma, for example - in which case, he will refer me to a neurologist for treatment and further testing. 

Edited by OnlySunshine