An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do your Rosaries look like?

Jubilate Deo

One really interesting thing about Rosaries is how many different designs/materials/themes there are for them. I'm holding onto a lime green one for my boyfriend. I got it from a Carmelite monastery. I also have a wooden one that was touched to the site of Jesus' crucifixion and a purple one my mom made me.

If you're looking for a good place to buy Rosaries, try sacramentals.org, rosarymart.com, and ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com (although shipping gets pricey if you live outside of the United States).

What Rosaries do you guys have? :)

HisChildForever

The rosary I keep in my car is rose scented with red wooden beads (there's probably a better description somewhere lol) and it came in a plastic case with Papa Benedict on one side and St. Peter's on the other. I have a ton of rosaries though, my very first one from my Nana is pink plastic. :)

I have a lovely onyx and silver rosary with a Benedictine crucifix. It was made by a further PMer who joined a women's order several years ago. @laetitia crucis 

I have had to repair it a few times, but that is to be expected with a chain rosary that gets dragged around everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I have a lovely onyx and silver rosary with a Benedictine crucifix. It was made by a further PMer who joined a women's order several years ago. @laetitia crucis 

I have had to repair it a few times, but that is to be expected with a chain rosary that gets dragged around everywhere.

Pro-Tip.  Use a leather pouch instead of a soft cloth pouch or loose in you pocket.  It protects better.  Cloth pouches in men's pockets allow a chin rosary to squish and pulll if you toss in keys, pocket knife, etc.   Learned that from a nun teacher who always had stuff in her habit pockets and proved it to myself years ago when I used them. 

I have four pair

Crystal Rosary

Rosary from Lourdes

Black Rosary which had been my Dad's (decd)

Brown Rosary which had been my Mum's (decd)

I also acquired somehow an exceptionally large brown Rosary, which looks like it is from a religious habit.  It has no crucifix however.  Don't know how I got it.

7 hours ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Heh, my main rosary was also made by a phatmasser that became a sister.  @HopefulBride

rosary.png

Mine has dusty purple faceted beads. The cross doesn't have a corpus, though, which is the only problem with it. It has a very sturdy chain that can withstand a lot of abuse. 

I have a wooden one that I bought in Notre Dame de Paris, and a cheap, plastic one that I bought in Lourdes. Little story, when I was in a reunion of my scouting movement, a girl saw me praying the rosary and she wanted to give me her rosary because of how simple/cheap was mine. A nice thought, but it was very humiliating. 

8 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

il_340x270.561122435_9sfj.jpg

It looks like one a priest/monk/nun would use. Very nice. I love its simplicity.

CountrySteve21
16 hours ago, Jubilate Deo said:

It looks like one a priest/monk/nun would use. Very nice. I love its simplicity.

Funny you should say that, I bought the rosary from a group of hermits when I was discerning with them. 

A lovely girl I've never met, and whose website I forget, used to (and maybe still does!) make and ship free cord rosaries to anyone who asked for one, blessed by her Deacon father! When the wooden rosary I'd relearned to pray with (which was instrumental to my

reversion- I randomly pulled it out of a drawer and changed my life forever) fell out of my pocket a few years ago, she sent me this one, along with a lovely, encouraging note about her prayers for my exams (which I hadn't mentioned, she just recognized my college's address). 

Since then this has become a rather cherished little thing. It's come with me on pilgrimage to Poland and to several Walks for Life, and I've been lucky enough to touch it to the relics of many of my most cherished saints (including directly touching the blood from Padre Pio's stigmata! Which was extremely touching because that's almost like touching it to Christ's own wounds!) The miraculous medal sewn on is a relic of St Mother T that was given to me by the Sisters of Charity in celebration of her canonization. 

Basically, it's not a fancy rosary, but it's very durable, and marks the generosity of many alive on earth and the intercession of many alive in Christ.