An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do your Rosaries look like?

Jubilate Deo

I have two. The grey and turquoise one pictured was for my birthday. The other is a very simple olivewood one that I bought in Bethlehem. If I'm honest I prefer that one. It even smells like prayer to me - I love the scent of the wood.

RosaryGift.jpg

I use a green plastic rosary. :|

I have nicer rosaries, but I've used the plastic one on a daily basis for the past few years. I have grown quite fond of it.

1 hour ago, DominicanHeart said:

I have a bit of a Rosary obsession :blink: so I have a lot of them. All kinds

What are some of your favorite ones? :)

beatitude, the wooden Rosary I have that was touched to Jesus' crucifixion site has 'Bethlehem' engraved down the back of the crucifix.

Spem in alium
On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Jubilate Deo said:

It looks like one a priest/monk/nun would use. Very nice. I love its simplicity.

I have one just like this from the Philippines, made by prison inmates. I use it often. At the end of the cross it has a little tassle - I heard somewhere that this was traditionally used by monks to wipe away tears during contemplation.

I have so many rosaries, mainly because people tend to think they are a great gift for a sister  (they are, but at last count I had about 10).

I have four favourites: the one mentioned above, mainly for how it feels; a tiny wooden decade rosary (small enough to wear as a ring) from Jerusalem which I love for its size and feel; a black metal and cord rosary which also contains some earth from Jerusalem; and a wooden one which my great-grandfather received on his 21st birthday.

DominicanHeart
12 hours ago, Jubilate Deo said:

What are some of your favorite ones? :)

beatitude, the wooden Rosary I have that was touched to Jesus' crucifixion site has 'Bethlehem' engraved down the back of the crucifix.

One of my most favorite ones is with pink stones and my Tiny Saints charms. I don't know if anyone is familiar with Tiny Saints but they are amazing! I picked out all of my favorite Saints and I ask for their intercession after each decade. 

One-decade bracelet rosary of St. Benedict medals and malachite beads on me almost always, plus an olive wood and cord one by the bed. 

Ash Wednesday

I have a couple of beautiful vintage mother of pearl rosaries, but they're too delicate for regular everyday use these days.  I'm all about wood beads and cord because otherwise they get too busted too easily. 

I have a black cord one I always keep on me plus a simple brown one my uncle made. I also have a super old blue one my grandpa made for me when I was a wee young girl and a newer one he made a few years ago that has large black beads and a Benedictine crucifix. Sometimes I think they compete over whose rosary they want me to pray, lol. Family...

On 25/01/2017 at 3:22 AM, HopefulHeart said:

I use a green plastic rosary. :|

I have nicer rosaries, but I've used the plastic one on a daily basis for the past few years. I have grown quite fond of it.

Long live the plastic rosaries. I use this one : http://www.la-boutique-des-chretiens.com/Detail.php?koi=chapelet-marron&IDCat=6&SIDCat=35&IDArticle=15&Tri=DatMin&Limit=35&show=1