An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW VALPARAISO FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!

Therese1895

So I just saw on Facebook that Valparaiso is making a new foundation in Idaho. Does anybody have any more information than that? All that I know is that the 6 foundresses are arriving on Feb. 22. I'm so excited! If anyone knows the names, I will know who they are- I was in Elysburg until 6 months ago and we (the two communities) were very close to one another. May God reward you!

20 minutes ago, Marie Villalovos Smith said:

I have them on Facebook..but I sure missed this one!!!  Pax

You have them on FB? How? (Heart eyes!!!)

MiserereMeiDeus

So awesome. It was definitely only a matter of time. :) I was also in the Elysburg Carmel back in 2010. That was where I first entered, then I left and later discerned to another Carmel which I left about seven months ago. How is Elysburg coming along?

Edited by MiserereMeiDeus
Spelling

Awww! ¡Pobrecita! I'll pray for you- we must have left about the same time. Elysburg is thriving and heavenly, Nuestra Madre and Madrecita are doing well, Sr. Maravillas was Sol. Prof. in 2015. I think about 28 Sisters! Mother Therese is Subprioress for the past 4 years. And Novice Mistress since 2011. I loved her and everyone very much!

MiserereMeiDeus
1 hour ago, Therese1895 said:

Awww! ¡Pobrecita! I'll pray for you- we must have left about the same time. Elysburg is thriving and heavenly, Nuestra Madre and Madrecita are doing well, Sr. Maravillas was Sol. Prof. in 2015. I think about 28 Sisters! Mother Therese is Subprioress for the past 4 years. And Novice Mistress since 2011. I loved her and everyone very much!

You sound like one of the Sisters! Reverend Mother and Madrecita would say Pobrecita a lot to the Sisters. I'm so happy they are doing well. I can't get over the number of Sisters there now! I remember Sister Therese, now Mother Subprioress, she was great. She was like the perfect religious and did everything perfect. I'm not surprised she's Subprioress now. Thank you for your prayers. It was very difficult for the first few months but thankfully I am getting along well now. It's bittersweet. Currently I'm discerning consecrated virginity. It's exciting and I'm looking forward to what will happen. :)

At 28 Sisters they would be making a new foundation soon also. I was wondering why Vaparaiso chose Idaho (I joked and said it must be because they will have plenty of potatoes.... hahaha. Carmelites eat a lot of potato dishes.) Maybe for all of the farm land out there and where they can build a Monastery not near other places.

Mother is perfect. Full Stop. They may make a foundation in the next couple of years, but they don't have much 'age' right now. Idk Idaho- potatoes probably factored in, though ;) 

And..... you and me both, honey! (Except that I'm a college girl and don't feel called to 'discern' right now, but to work on myself for a bit) <3 Consecrated virgin sounds like such a beautiful calling.

MiserereMeiDeus
2 minutes ago, Therese1895 said:

Mother is perfect. Full Stop. They may make a foundation in the next couple of years, but they don't have much 'age' right now. Idk Idaho- potatoes probably factored in, though ;) 

And..... you and me both, honey! (Except that I'm a college girl and don't feel called to 'discern' right now, but to work on myself for a bit) <3 Consecrated virgin sounds like such a beautiful calling.

I forgot to add I entered in 2011 and left in 2013. I remember Sister Maravillas. I saw her Clothing and First Profession. I'm so happy she persevered.

Oh- so you would have known Sr. Mariam- she just made her Solemn last May 31th! She was Elizabeth Lucy

She is so much fun!

MiserereMeiDeus
1 hour ago, Therese1895 said:

Oh- so you would have known Sr. Mariam- she just made her Solemn last May 31th! She was Elizabeth Lucy

She is so much fun!

Yes. The good Australian Sister. She was funny. ☺ I think all the white veils that were there when I was would have made Solemn Vows by now if they stayed. I know one left some time after me. Do you know if Sister Maria Lourdes and Sister Mary Joseph are there? Then again if they aren't other girls could have received the same names.

Edited by MiserereMeiDeus
Added another word.

MiserereMeiDeus
1 minute ago, Therese1895 said:

No, neither one stayed. :( 

Thank you for letting me know. I'll be praying for them. I'm so happy they're flourishing though. God is doing great things in these communities.

2 minutes ago, MiserereMeiDeus said:

Thank you for letting me know. I'll be praying for them. I'm so happy they're flourishing though. God is doing great things in these communities.

Mucho gusto! And indeed He is!

MiserereMeiDeus
3 hours ago, FlowerofCarmel said:

Good news! wish they would make a foundation in Australia! we NEED traditional contemplatives here too!

That would be nice. I know a girl entered in Valparaiso from Australia and another came to enter in Elysburg. Both persevered. It is a long distance and I'm sure it's hard on the families for travel reasons at least.