An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW VALPARAISO FOUNDATION!!!!!!!!

Therese1895

4 hours ago, FlowerofCarmel said:

Good news! wish they would make a foundation in Australia! we NEED traditional contemplatives here too!

That would be so great! I know that the Australians pray for it all the time. I used to pray more for it too when I was there- I've always wanted to go to AUS. Selfish, selfish! ;) 

I still get the newsletters from my old parish in Idaho and they recently asked for volunteers to help get the house ready for the Carmelites.  They will be served by priests from that parish which is an Fssp parish, but will have a permanent Fssp chaplain in addition.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Chiquitunga said:

How lucky they are! I can't imagine seeing that in the Bulletin, "Oh, by the way, the Carmelites are coming in THREE DAYS!" Or yesterday!!!! I'm praying for the South Carolina foundation!

South Carolina foundation??!? That they make one, or one you know is already happening? Sorry lol! I'm thinking it's the first! I think they should also make one in Springfield, IL.

1 minute ago, Chiquitunga said:

South Carolina foundation??!? That they make one, or one you know is already happening? Sorry lol! I'm thinking it's the first! I think they should also make one in Springfield, IL.

I want it! There are some wonderful areas around here where one could be if the bishop gets on board! I keep telling Jesus that He wants a Carmel down here too, in the venerable tradition of St. Thérèse's sister Marie. We'll see... Is there anything in particular in Springfield?

Bishop Paprocki is there, who is very friendly to the Traditional Mass. We have a great Carmel (1990) in Des Plaines, in the Archdiocese of Chicago, with several new vocations lately and solemn professions, etc. But southern IL could use a good Carmel too. There are 4 Poor Clare Colettine monasteries in IL, so why not another Carmel? :nun3:

also, the FSSP is there and the Canons of St. John Cantius as well, http://www.canons-regular.org/go/news/read/canons-regular-in-springfield/

That sounds great! I very much support the spread of the JMJ franchise  (that's what we used to joke about the number of foundations!)

MiserereMeiDeus
On 2/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, Chiquitunga said:

Very exciting. :) This is a little off topic but I noticed the priest there at this church is Father Gordon. I was wondering if he has a brother or twin brother that was in the FSSP. I knew a Father Gordon in the Fraternity but he entered the Clear Creek Benedictine monks. He was a very good and holy priest. Just wondering. It does look like him in the picture on the bulletin! Maybe he went back to the Fraternity. I so so wish we had those priests close to where I live. They're great. So happy for the Carmelites.

Edited by MiserereMeiDeus
Spelling

1 hour ago, MiserereMeiDeus said:

Very exciting. :) This is a little off topic but I noticed the priest there at this church is Father Gordon. I was wondering if he has a brother or twin brother that was in the FSSP. I knew a Father Gordon in the Fraternity but he entered the Clear Creek Benedictine monks. He was a very good and holy priest. Just wondering. It does look like him in the picture on the bulletin! Maybe he went back to the Fraternity. I so so wish we had those priests close to where I live. They're great. So happy for the Carmelites.

Yes, I think there are actually three brothers.