An Old School Catholic Message Board

2017 Entrances, Vows, and Ordinations

Luigi

2 Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary professed vows on December 8. Nice pics. 

Passionist nuns had the last of their novices profess vows on December 8.

I don't think there are any postulants there, right now, so it's all black veils, now. 

https://passionistnunsblog.com/2017/12/11/homily-from-sr-maria-faustinas-mass-of-religious-profession/

Edited by DameAgnes

A friend of mine made her entrance into a monastic community on Dec 8th. I won't say where, and I doubt there is online info on it, but if you're counting you can add one :)

DominicanHeart

I know of a young woman who entered the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George in September and a young woman who entered the Hawthorne Dominicans in October 

The Benedictines of Perpetual Adoration in northwestern Missouri recently received a postulant. Their Facebook page says:

Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration added 4 new photos.

December 2 at 5:35pm ·

Please join us in congratulating Elizabeth, who entered our postulancy today! Also, please keep her in your prayers as she continues her discernment journey. And thank you for your prayers for vocations. The Lord is listening!

I probably shouldn't leave out myself...lol. It's not an entrance! Just a week-long visit, but it's the first one, and it's been a long road to get to this point. It's in two and a half weeks from now. I am open to it not being my vocation, but I'm also entirely open to being snared like a fly. Please pray for me!

Edited by chrysostom

• 4 weeks later...

Sister Faustina looks so happy clothed in her new habit , with her twin sister Phoenix and family.

Many prayers for them.

Totally Franciscan

I am really confused.  I was of the understanding that Cheyenne and Phoenix both discerned out perhaps over a year ago.  Did they return?  It is hard to keep up with the Barhamsville Poor Clares, as their blog has not been updated since June, 2017.  Can anyone set me straight?  I would be most grateful.

1 hour ago, Totally Franciscan said:

I am really confused.  I was of the understanding that Cheyenne and Phoenix both discerned out perhaps over a year ago.  Did they return?  It is hard to keep up with the Barhamsville Poor Clares, as their blog has not been updated since June, 2017.  Can anyone set me straight?  I would be most grateful.

I was reading back through her mom's blog  and she mentions in a couple of places that both the twins returned to the monastery. From what I read there I believe they both left in the spring of 2015 and Cheyenne returned in August of 2016 and Phoenix in May of 2017.

Totally Franciscan

Thank you, TheresaThoma.  I thought I might be losing it memory wise!  So glad these women have returned to the monastery.  May God give them perseverance.

• 2 months later...

Such a wonderful news for this order!I see that this order have many young vocation.Prayers for them.

Edited by Carla